We are in for a blizzard!

by coffee_black 41 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Won't they shut down the downtown core early? Edmonton has world-class snow removal equipment, but even in this northern town we close shop early for a blizzard.

http://nsidc.org/cryosphere/snow/removal.html

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Usually individual businesses set their own rules....although the Mayor may declare an emergency.... I'm not in downtown Boston.... I'm just outside the 128 / 95 beltway. I imagine our showroom will open in the morning, and close when it starts to get bad. At that point, my commute will not be fun.

A few years back I did a lunch presentation at an office in Cambridge. It was only snowing lightly when I began. When I left that office it was a blizzard. It took me 4 hours to get home. That was a nightmare. Hopefully there will be better planning this time.

Coffee

• wasblind
    wasblind

Don't worry Coffee_Black

I'm here in the South, I'll put the fan on my porch

and turn it in your direction. Hopefully I'll change

that snow into rain

• d
    d

I hear it is going to be bad. I am prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I live south of boston, will be about 2 feet of snow. I work for a visiting Nurse, as a hospice aide. As of now, only have 3 patients tomarrow morning then will be off road. Thankfully I am not on call this weekend.

Went grocery shopping today, store was packed. Got my flashlights ready and candles.

Hope we don't loose power, I have 2 sump pumps (live near a pond) and 1 is electric. The bigger one. One big boston storm we had to evacuate when we lost power and the smaller pump (acid battery) could not keep up with water coming in.

Hope everyone in this area keeps safe, Peace Lilly

• truthlover
    truthlover

Heading up to the Atlantic Provinces of Canada.. fill up those bath tubs with water and get out the candles and propane everyone!! Get ready for BBQ's in the snow

Anyone got the old time perk coffee makers that you can use on the propane BBQ's or stoves?? --

TL

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I heard the governor say that he wants everyone off the roads by noon tomorrow. As of now, I have to open the showroom and stay there until I'm told otherwise. I really don't think anyone will be in to look at windows during a blizzard.

Stay safe everyone!

Coffee

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Worries here: will the blizzard take down Sandy's leftovers?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Best of luck to you.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I live in Winchendon, MA. It is northcentral, near the border line with NH and Vermont. I have been living here for 6 years, but never a warning of that amount of snow before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit