Power Struggle At Head Quarters Reason For Governing Body New Light?

by frankiespeakin 39 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should also be realized that this new structuring of the organization was voted upon and discussed in length before it was announced.

I'm sure the words Dam it, Dam it were spoken under breath as the numbers of the anointed were climbing each and every year.

A reconfirmation of power was needed in this structural power frame of the organization.

Maybe some of the GB members themselves are starting to awaken to the fact that nothing the WTS. said was going to happen,

didn't all throughout the 20th century.

Did we are selfs get bullshitted, manipulated and exploited by this religious publishing house. ????

• sabastious
    sabastious

Yes, there is a power struggle in Brooklyn and has been for quite some time. The 23rd Hexagram speaks about what is happening:

SPLITTING APART. IT does not further one To go anywhere. This pictures a time when inferior people are pushing forward and are about to crowd out the few remaining strong and superior men. Under these circumstances, which are due to the time, it is not favorable for the superior man to undertake anything. The right behavior in such adverse times is to be deduced from the images and their attributes. The lower trigram stands for the earth, whose attributes 
    are docility and devotion. The upper trigram stands for the mountain, whose
    attribute is stillness. This suggests that one should submit to the bad time and
    remain quiet. For it is a question not of man's doing but of time conditions, which, according to the laws of heaven, show an alternation of increase and decrease, fullness and emptiness. It is impossible to counteract these conditions of the time. Hence it is not cowardice but wisdom to submit and avoid action.
    I CHING 23

When an organized movement like the Watchtower is splitting apart for natural reasons it's best to just watch it topple over rather than try to alter what cannot be altered.

-Sab

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

In a video of GB Anthony Morris, he kind of incoherently said:" Some brothers have said 'your not telling me what to do' and his reply was, "what part of God don't you get' " and he was referring to orders from the GB on how they should be obeyed.

To me that attitude of A. Morris is very haughty and equates his opinon with God's, this has got to rub people close to him the wrong way, and has more potenial for alienation than coming together in unison. I'm thinking these guys are lonely and irratable as a result of old age and a stubborn delusion of grander, turning them towards more depression as they project thier shadow on others around them, I'm thinking the only friends they have are all superficial, and they themselves are a source of alienation to others.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

What PYRAMIDSCHEME and Aussie Oz said.

• cedars
    cedars

I'm not sure if "power struggle" is the way to describe it - after all, no one in the bethel corridors could realistically entertain the idea of ousting the Governing Body. However, it wouldn't surprise me if murmurings among the brothers have made the Governing Body paranoid or otherwise compelled them to exert their authority more openly. I recently heard it suggested that the announcement at the Annual Meeting was done almost as a loyalty test, i.e. the more you clap at the "new light," the more loyal you are. That may well have some truth to it.

Cedars

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

FACT 101 .... the WT organization is internally dealing with the fact that the majority of what the WTS. preached during the last century

never actually occurred, false prophesying , false teaching whatever you want to call it, which is now cutting a blow to the organization's

self proclaiming identity of itself as not being as one of the false religions under the Great Harlot.

All those self created doctrines which were intensionally created and devised to attract attention to the organization's literature is now

kicking the WTS. in the butt, helped along most likely by the open exposure on the inter-net.

So it would be all assuming that the leaders of this organization would make the endeavoring attempt to make justification

and reconfirmation to who they are self portraying themselves to be, not only in the publics eye but as well within the body of organization itself.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ceders,

Right the power struggle is mainly on the part of the GB, with some disappointed new claimette annointed hopefulls murmurings. I expect we will see more layoffs if the GBs get word of any murmurings. As we all know from the bible Jehovah don't like murmuring so the GB will feel perfectly justified to deal ruthlessly with any murmurers, resulting in more alienation and fear of those closest to them.

It could be like this rebellion in Numbers 16:12-14

And Moses sent to call Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab: which said, We will not come up:
    13 Is it a small thing that thou hast brought us up out of a land that floweth with milk and honey, to kill us in the wilderness, except thou make thyself altogether a prince over us?
    14 Moreover thou hast not brought us into a land that floweth with milk and honey, or given us inheritance of fields and vineyards: wilt thou put out the eyes of these men? we will not come up.

Maybe the Governing Body can pray to Jehovah and fire from heaven and the earth can open up to swallow the rebels of the Governing Body's authority. Just joking but in essence this is the way the GB look at any not following thier leadership, and this has to have as much a alienation effect as a uniteting effect thru fear.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe the Gb have been looking at themselves in a mirror, thinking what if this organization has been preaching nothing but bullshit since its

inception ??? Then what does that make us ?

Contrived bullshit artists, running and operating a BS publishing house ???

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They will continue to lose their "power " over the R&F witless.

Peoples expectations are different now. They dont want an angry genocidal God. More and more are saying "I dont want to worship such a monster." Even in the litterature God is not Mad when you sin, just "sad" (aww poor baby!)

People do not accept "because we say so " as a good reason for anything anymore.

If Jehoobie only wants us for what he can get out of us (evidence the discarding of elderly beth hellites in Spain and NY with no pensions or savings) he can go spin.

You mean God only loves us conditionally? The WTBTS is already dying, but nobody recognises it yet.

HB

• erbie
    erbie

Great topic.

I had no idea of this 'NEW LIGHT' and can't believe they will all swallow it.

From reading your posts it seems that the general feeling here is that this change has been introduced to jelously guard their power and status because of growing numbers of so called 'anointed' ones.

I have to agree that this can be the only reason for this because lets face it, its a fairly drastic measure and they always have a very important reason for everything they do.

I think the average JW needs to seriously consider the origin of all this so called 'NEW LIGHT'.

Their dishonesty disgusts me and it saddens me to think that I once followed these charlatans.

All joking aside, it really disgusts and saddens me!

Thank goodness I got my kids out.

That one single act made the whole of my life worthwhile and purposeful.

Praise to all of you for spreading the word and exposing their deceit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit