Power Struggle At Head Quarters Reason For Governing Body New Light?

by frankiespeakin 39 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

CEDARDS:

EVERYTHING IS A TEST OF LOYALTY...

Choosing a hotel from the Recommended Lodging List;

Being told where to sit and park by a 14 year old;

Donating when you're told;

Going to the assigned District Convention;

Turning in your "TIME" month after month;

Trusting JW.org as the word of God;

NEW LIGHT on any level is a loyalty text and must be studied for, in a "what would I do if...God told me to sacrifice my only son to him ala Abraham and Isaac..."

Accept, Obey, Repeat. Accept, Obey, Repeat.

Everything you do is a "test of loyality"...

And is it any wonder JW's are nuts??? And, again, We'll do all your thinking for you.

• Ding
    Ding

This discussion reminds me of Ray's comments in CoC that when he joined the GB he expected the meetings to involve a lot of Bible study and prayer.

He was shocked and disappointed to discover how little of that went on.

The vast majority of decisions were made by appeals to previous GB pronouncements and on what the members deemed best for the organization.

They didn't seem to ask themselves, "How do we know this is what God wants?"

They were on the GB, and the GB speaks for Jehovah; the organization says so...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ding,

It seems that the Governing Body's delusions about God make them think that what they want, God wants. They are probably so thickly in this delusional state that they make the comparison unconsciously and are not aware they are just making this stuff up to help thier cause. They make such tremendous leaps of logic and connections where thier isn't any. A sane person with no indoctrination would think they are all off thier rocker.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Not because of a power struggle, but because the little old man (GB) behind the curtain can see that the dog (rank and file JW's) is sniffing around and tugging at the curtain, and so he is desperately trying to be even more loud and scary than usual to try and get the dog to back off.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

double post

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

Accept, Obey, Repeat. Accept, Obey, Repeat.

Everything you do is a "test of loyality"...

And is it any wonder JW's are nuts??? And, again, We'll do all your thinking for you.

Crazy ain't it, as soon as they started stressing me out with all that crap. I stepped back for the first time in a long time and took a good, hard look at this organization and within two weeks I decided to start living my life the way I saw fit as a fortysomething grown woman who was more than capable at this stage of making my own life choices.

I let too many things slide and allowed "circular reasoning" to kick-in from the weekly brainwashing sessions. I brushed off a lot of the red flags and negative things I was seeing from the so-called "friends" and borg. Until I final said "No, this shit is real, something is seriously wrong here." Soon as they called me in that back room, that was all the confirmation I needed. Yep, these people are bat-shit crazy. I knew once I walked out that room, they would never set eyes on me again. After I left I started doing some hardcore research and all my suspicious were confirmed. My only regret, (like many ex-jw's) is that I didn't questions that shit earlier!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

At this point the GB has much less control over what the BORG does, they are puppets. The old-timers who are REALLY in charge determine all the PR to so their spin. There is as yet no "power struggle" in the GB... same thing happened in the late 70s. The "hidden ones" whose names should not be spoken are still in charge.

Why? They are not going to relinquish any power as long as they breathe.

The current GB are mere puppets.

And they invent puppets!

This has been the case since about 1977 and the fortunate demise of Knorr. Why do you think they have all the "class distinctions" in their history, ... Ruth and Naomi classes, drawers of water classes, etc. The current GB are "new boys" and at this point they will not have any real power until the "names that should not be named" croak. Things don't change easily.

Randy

• Londo111
    Londo111

Why not name these ones?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

What?

You don't read/watch Harry Potter?

I'm playing with your head Londo. Some needs lightheartedness on this often-dull forum.

But what I said IS ACTUALLY the truth.

Ask Barbara Anderson or any old-timer Bethelites. if you want more "proof."

There is no mystery to it, just due to lack of access to the info.

Corporations are rife with this, millions of them! Hello?

Bet you a hundred dollaa!

• Pterist
    Pterist

If we are talking about the "new light" as their 2 different definations of the FDS, effectively saying, "the GB is the FDS" and the GB is NOT YET the FDS, seems like a legal minuver to me. Where they can say one or the other depending on their audience.

For lording it over the r&f its definition 1, in a legal situation where they are held accountable for their bad policies that have led to children dying, over the blood doctrine, and the free reign of pedohiles, its definition 2, as so not to be held accountable for the office they hold.

Shalom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit