I finally told my parents

by nolongerconfused 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

So as some of you already may know, I have stopped going to meetings for good and have nothing to do with WBTS anymore...did not write a letter of disassociation because I dont believe an organization should spiritually execute me for rejecting men's tradition and false doctrine...some of you may recall I spoke to my wife and are in good terms, even though she's still an active JW

My parents are both active JW's...when I visited them yesterday, they clearly did not expect me to tell them I had left the "org"...to my HUGE surprise, after I explained to them I had found TTATT (truth about the truth) and gave compelling evidence of my reasoning, and using the scriptures, they totally sided with me...I was dumbfounded...One of my parents even brought up Ray Franz and his book COC....I was like WTF??

They told me all of these years they never had the guts to say anything about the hypocrisy in this Org and they were glad that I as their son was able to step up and believe what is right and what is on the Bible...they re-assured their love to me and they were happy I had found happiness in Jesus Christ and the need to have a personal relationship with him and not through a man made organization...

I totally did not expect this response from my parents...but it just leaves me to think that there are thousands of active JW's out there feeling the same way and don't have the courage to step up to the ORG...still don't know what they are going to do, but I got the feeling they will do the same eventually and move on from the WBTS...

have a great week everyone

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Awesome. That is a blessing! I hope that happens for me! Do you think if they were not already awakened that your reasoning would have worked?

• kimbo
    kimbo

great news

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is the most totally awesome thing I will read or hear of today.

Great for you. Enjoy your time away from the lies.

Thanks for sharing your great news.

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

Thanks guys...

at DATA:

if they weren't awakening, I think at least my information and evidence would have at least cast sincere doubts in their hearts...I'm glad this information came from their son and not another source, as I think it had more of an impact coming from one of their own...

for anyone out there that's trying to do the same, what I did was to tell them I was leaving for personal reasons and would not want to give details why...I told them at first I do not want to be a master of my parent's faith, but they kept wanting to hear more and more about TTATT and so I preached away! :o)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I totally did not expect this response from my parents...but it just leaves me to think that there are thousands of active JW's out there feeling the same way and don't have the courage to step up to the ORG...still don't know what they are going to do, but I got the feeling they will do the same eventually and move on from the WBTS...

Likely quite a few lurkers here are in the same position. Searching for another like minded individual in their family or in the KH

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Wow. That is awesome, i am very pleased for you. I hope this becomes the standard reaction jw relatives have, rather than the exception.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wonderful news! I'm happy for you.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ 2+2=5

I so wish that this was not the exception, because in my own experience over the past couple of years, I have discovered that out of the few people whom I've spoken to about real Bible truths, all of them figuratively "put their fingers in their ears and started humming!" A close relative even slammed the 'phone down on me.

They shudder at the thought that they could possibly be receiving false teachings, and yet many Scriptures warn them of the certainty of that!!

Even my closest friend (former elder) has made it clear by his silence, that he is disturbed by some of the truths I try to share with him. The "New Scrolls" fable is a prime example. I showed him the Scriptures in Rev. 20, and then he just clammed up - no discussion!!

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Awesome to hear that, nolongerconfused! It took a lot of courage to go to your parents with this, not knowing how they would respond. How active are they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit