To circumcise or not to circumcise?

by srd 39 Replies latest jw friends

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i had my rooster snipped. most girls like it circumcised. but no one asked my opinion. i liken it to genital mutilation of little girls in durkadurkastan. dont mess with it if it aint broken. if i want t done, illl make the arrangements. but it seems i am part of a 4000 year old broken covanent, without my consent. my misguided parents deservr to become unwilling eunichs.

• Borges
    Borges

We've had a heated debate going on in Germany about circumcision last year. A regional court held that circumcision of boys is battery.

That caused an outcry from the jewish and also the muslim communities. Even the christian denominations closed the ranks with them.

It was interessesting to read all the pro and conts. To me it's obvious, that there is NO advantage, but al lot of risk regarding circumcision (if your stomac stands it, look at wikipedia about it).

As far as I remember was circumcision in the USA promoted by a guy named Kellog (The Cornflake Man). He said, that circumcision will keep the boys from masturbate.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

female circumcision is really not the same, if you look it up its waaay more severe and devestating.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Female circumcision is abhorrent & barbaric, however please don't let this this thread go off onto female circumcision as then male circumcision is seen as only a little bit of skin.

IT ISN'T.

It is still ritual genital mutilation of one of the most sensitive parts of the male body often carried out on individuals given no choice in the matter.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I think some of the posts here are a little strongly worded.

Circumcision of your baby son is a personal decision and if you don't want to do it then don't. It causes no lasting harm and many millions of people do feel there are benefits to it. So why be so dogmatic and worked up over it peeps?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We should really think twice about doingsoemthing because the opposite sex in given society likes the look of it.

It is a horrible way for women to go through life and the same goes for men.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Should we surgically remove the appendix upon birth because it may one day get inflamed and pose a helath risk?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

And of course women should all get breast implants and lazer their pubic area because men in some cultures find big boobs and shaved pubes more appealing, they "look better".

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Leaving aside what women prefer, even as a guy, I think it looks better circumcised, and I'm glad that I was circumcised. Ironically, it seems to me that ones who believe we were designed by God ought to be against something that implies God made a mistake, or that God would require a painful operation on infants to separate his people from heathens. But since I just see our bodies as a result of evolution, there's no reason for me to say that we can't improve on our bodies with operations, even for aesthetic reasons (although I generally find that cosmetic surgery doesn't appeal to my aesthetics).

Making sex less enjoyable doesn't seem a problem for me. Doesn't it feel good enough anyway? Anything that encourages people to be less like animals is a good thing in my book. Perhaps circumcision doesn't go far enough.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Such cutting whit you all have on this topic! Such razor sharp commentary! Pithy and succint, with all needless words snipped from the discussion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit