Newbies: Any Feedback on the "New Light" Regarding GB?

by daringhart13 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Fed-Up

I can't find it on the website under news. Where should I look? Thanks

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

not tech savvy enough to make this "clickable" but this should work:

http://www.jw.org/en/news/events-activities/annual-meeting-report-2012/

• heathen
    heathen

woah , now they are saying the slave hasn't been appointed yet ? I thought they were saying the tribulation started in 1914 and then rutherford was given the keys to the kingdom , good god , they just up and change all that . I can see them wanting damage control because there are alot of people claiming LF status and seems to be growing every year despite their statements the numbers will diminish . Holy smokes ...

• caliber
  • heathen
    heathen

reading it again looks like they are saying they are the FDS but not appointed over the domestics ? Still this is looking like they are dodging all the claims of being the representatives of the kingdom of the heavens and thus demanding obedience as a legal authority , hmm sounds like they've been sued over something to where they are force to disclaim authority and guess what ? after all they are just a book publishing corporation and are not liable for the lives they ruin ....

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

good advice for dealing with anyone: Ignore what they say, pay attention to what they do. The problem is the GB is not accustomed to having what they say ignored.

• whathappened
    whathappened

When I told my 34 year old born in JW daughter, she was shocked ,her jaw dropped. She said sharply, "Where did you here that." It was early October and the only source I had at the moment was the internet. I told her the truth, that I saw comment about it from people who were at the Annual Meeting on Reddit, the internet's internet, and that people were up in arms about it. She dropped the subject. We have agreed to not discuss anything JW anymore because it is so upsetting to her. If I bring it up, she says she will no longer allow me to visit her.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I honestly have zero interest in what an R&F Witness thinks of this -- I knew from the beginning that they weren't going to react to this or have any intelligent thoughts on the matter. What I am very interested in is, What do the anointed think? They know full well that they used to be part of the F&DS, and that they've just been given the boot. I'm thinking of an elderly anointed brother I know, wondering what he's made of his demotion....

• Ding
    Ding

Interesting the way they put it at the end...

... and finish with telling JWs how greatful they should be to have them running their lives...

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

This line alone is so fantastic.....so wrought with insanity, ....and yet, years of brainwashing, not one of them will notice that an "absolute fact" has been stated with ZERO support or proof:

"Jesus was referring, not to an individual, but to a composite "slave"--- a group working together as one body"

He was? Did anyone ask him? Did he call someone on earth and tell them this?

A crazy...CRAZY proof of how powerful a cult can be.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit