Newbies: Any Feedback on the "New Light" Regarding GB?

by daringhart13 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

The newbies are pooring in......

Curious.......can any of you new folks confirm the sentiment of the publishers regarding the new light that the Governing Body is the faithful and discreet slave? Has anyone even noticed?? What's the word on the street?

Thanks!

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

I asked my wife if she knew and she said no...I said it's on jw.org!

She said well hasn't that always been the case?...I said no!

She just seemed clueless, blindsided... but she said she accepts every teaching because the GB "has" the holy spirit...

I just left it at that...

• steve2
    steve2

Don't be surprised if most rank and file don't notice anything new at all or think that the new light is not that big a deal.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Thanks nolonger.....

Steve2...........that is EXACTLY what I expect......I could walk up to any JW right now and they wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about....or they would react just like nolonger's wife

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Unless someone takes the time to browse through jw.org no one would see this "new light". No one in my hall knows about it and if they do, they probably are more confused than anyone else and would rather not ask any questions. .

So, how unfair is it for everyone else that does not have a computer or internet access? When is the borg going to say something about it? What kind of love does this show to the rest of us that rely on "spiritual nourishment" from the borg? This has really bugged me since it came out and I try to let everyone know, that I can anyways, and have them do a little google search for this new light... I'm sure they'll end up on JWN and get the real truth.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

What's the point of "New Light" if no one notices.

• cedars
    cedars

Dad's response before it was announced: "I would need to investigate it fully to see whether I can agree with it."

Dad's response after it was announced: "It makes total sense."

My response to Dad's response: "It makes total sense that Christ chose his Slave 93 years ago and they are still undergoing a 'cleansing' process and coming up with new teachings?"

Dad's response: "Yep."

Nuff said.

Cedars

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The GB new light was probably just to re-assert their authority over everyone else, especially all of those "mentally ill" partakers that keep wanting a say.

Not that they listened to anyone else anyway, but they can drop the partaker number any time now without much protest from the flock - after all, it doesn't matter anymore.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Lol Cedars- So was Dad prepared to be booted to the curb if he didn't agree with it...

Gawd, it sucks to have your loved ones under this kind of mind control....

• cedars
    cedars

LostGeneration

So was Dad prepared to be booted to the curb if he didn't agree with it...

More likely he talked himself into thinking he actually has a choice in the matter!

Yes, it sucks to realise your loved ones are reduced to "yes men," or mindless automatons.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit