What is the most valuable thing your mother taught you?

by usualusername 60 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

To walk the woods and observe...a rustle in the grass, the distant thrumming of a ruffed grouse, the red-wing blackbird's nest in the reeds.

None Witnesses here.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Not to trust her.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I can relate to that Josie regarding certain things my mother said and did.

• scotoma
    scotoma

My mother died when I was 7. She taught me the meaning of death and the value of life.

I learned more from her dying than I could have possibly learned from her living.

She was a JW. I had her old publisher record card. I found it in the KH attic. She was getting in 25-30 hours a month back in the early 1950's It said "faithful until death".

I finally threw it away about 20 years ago.

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Mom taught me a lot of valuable things.

One of them was that hatred is destructive, especially for the people perpetrating the hatred.

She was not a baptized witness at the time but was studying.

Unfortunately, once my parents became baptized, they started exhibiting some behaviours that bordered on hatred. They certainly didn't like Jewish, Catholics, or gays. They became mean-spirited towards us, their adult children.

Botchtower definitely damaged our family.

• perfect1
    perfect1

to cook.

• usualusername
    usualusername

Perfect1 can you cook a few dishes well or cook everything well?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

To love.

To laugh.

To forgive.

To be kind.

To be patient

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My Mother taught me to always think of the other person's point of view . She would say 'put yourself in their shoes before you judge '.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Don't trust your mother.

It's nice to hear others say kind things about their mothers and what they learned from them, but I can't relate at all. My mother was horrible, and may have been regardless of whether she was a witness. I do think being a witness made it worse though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit