What is the most valuable thing your mother taught you?

by usualusername 60 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I had great parents...in spite of the fact that they were jws. They were not like any jws I ever knew. The only negative thing I can say about them is that they were overprotective. I was an only child...and they tried to have more...but I had one brother who only lived a day and a half, and mom had numerous miscarriages. They taught me that education is very important. They taught me to be independent. they made me feel secure. They supported my talents with classes and supplies. The taught me the love of reading. They taught me how to question.

They were always there when I needed them..without fail.... If I called dad at work, he would stop what he was doing to talk to me.

Sorry to hijack....wanted to include dad as well. They were exceptional...and I miss them every day.

Coffee

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

My JW mum told me everyday I would "Go to college. An education is something no one can take away from you."

• Mum
    Mum

Not to talk to strangers. She was so right on that one. She did not like me, and I know that my being in the world because of her gave her a lot to feel miserable about. I also have a physical disability, and she was all about looks, very vain. My imperfection was a great embarrassment to her. I was the lucky one. She adored my sister and brother, and they are both train wrecks, whereas I have had a mostly good life since I escaped her grasp.

She thought that I could never be married, so she emphasized education, going to college, to me but not to my sister (who was gorgeous). Nevertheless, I've been married twice, and to men who were much better than my sperm donor. She was not a JW, but I was beginning at age 15. I did get a degree, thanks to my second husband, but it took 20 years.

Regards,

SandraC

• MrsCedars
    MrsCedars

My mum taught me to love others, be forgiving and always stick up for the weak one. She really taught me great things, and to learn from her mistakes, which I have, she just doesn't realise it. She is a JW.

Amelia you are a very loveable, kind and gentle lady. I really enjoyed meeting you and I don't see how anyone would not love you. xx

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not to trust women.

• blondie
    blondie

Not to trust my mother

• haboob48
    haboob48

she taught me to cook. she was only a good mother the last 6 years of her life, so she taught me, even tho she didnt know it, I could change also. she was severly depressed most of her life and did not admit it until she was on her death bed. thanks wtbts! (sarcasm)

• jam
    jam

Unconditional love. My mom , not a JW. That was the biggest

conflict I had as a JW, conditional love.

• nugget
    nugget

Amelia I love you your mum is an arse.

• nugget
    nugget

My Grandmother a non JW gave me the best advice. Never buy cheap paint or cheap tea. This is my creed it has never steared me wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit