Were/Are you and Elder, MS, CO, Bethelite, etc.? (Please check in here)

by El_Guapo 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Ex-Bethelite, ex-elder, for many more years than I care to remember.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Look at us all - a bunch of reprobates that the Holy Spirit couldn't see through........

• Giordano
    Giordano

I was an Elder lite they didn't have Elders 48 years ago. Pioneered where the need was great and held at one time or another just about every position in our small KH.

Left over the blood and Armageddon issue didn't want to be part of a death cult which in those two areas the JW's was.

• 88JM
    88JM

I've been an MS for about 4 years now I think. Trying to fade in a small congregation.

I like the idea of "I'm doing it under compulsion" as an excuse for stepping down - hadn't thought of that one, so thanks guys.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

faded ex

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

My husband was a MS then and elder for many years and was also on the regional building committee. He didn't like all of the BS that went on and the way the brothers and sisters were treated. He avoided doing JC as much as possible because he felt they were too harsh and he also can look back with a clean conscience on the way he treated others. Bt the way my husband is Dazed and Confused but he hasn't started to post yet.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Brought in the cult at 5 years old, was a MS but never an elder...gave public talks and conducted a book study until this meeting was cancelled...stepped down 3 years ago and stopped going to the meetings after DC in 2010. I lurked on this site for at least a year before becoming a member and posting.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Ill doer for about 10 years.

In the words of Shakespeare's Malvolio: "some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em."

It was thrust upon me and I didn't have the sense to say "No!".

om

• excitesinceredetermination
    excitesinceredetermination

I was a regular pioneer...I feel like knocking on all the doors I have been to...just to apologize for being soooo wrong!

• prologos
    prologos

publisher,(the highest) then: pioneer, special pioneer, congregation servant, parachuted into troubled congregations to defuse grid-lock, rotated through all the congregation work positions, starting in 1958 in charge of 3 departments in CAs DAs with the talks that went with them,

Started to fade after the "Superior Authorities" reversal"

serious, no holds-barred , resisting abusive elder behaviour for the last ten years, with stealth site beabeorean dot com (sic). (needs up dating)

a hermit that received a new thinking life here on JWn since 10/012.

thank you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit