Were/Are you and Elder, MS, CO, Bethelite, etc.? (Please check in here)

by El_Guapo 46 Replies latest jw friends

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

I'm sure alot of you have noticed, the influx of new JWN members with "postitions within the cong" This is amazing, I myself am still an M.S. working to get removed. LOL My wife (who has been really supportive throughout my fade) asked my why I am doing I decided to fade?

And it got me thinking,

Could it be that "We" see things first-hand that the R&F don't see? (This was my response, the lack of love, favoritism, etc.)

To me it still blows me away everytime I see a post from active/former elders,

I don't mean to discriminate to the other brothers and sisters, but surely they must be see that someting obviously is wrong with the BORG if men who should be "examples for the cong." are looking for solid bible-based answers/or just trying to get out.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Another "how many boots did you lick when you were a JW?" thread.....

I must have licked loads I was an elder.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I was an active MS when I 1st started coming to the board. They were trying hard to push me into eldership but my average of 6-7 hrs in the "ministry" discouraged them. ;-)

Now I am a irregular "publisher." --- I turn in some phantom hrs and ride around and do RVs every now and then and drink some coffee. I try very hard not to waste my own gas.

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

I was an elder for 10 years.

I resigned over the pedophilia policies, the lack of love-based shepherding, the crime and punishment mentality of judicial committees, and the feeling of being a member of the Pharasees. I simply gave the body a 2 minute speech stating none of the above, but quoted 1 Peter 5:2 and stated that my wife and I agreed that I would no longer serve as an elder, since I felt I was doing it under compulsion...."for the wrong reasons"

We were nothing more than rule enforcers and puppets for the WT - a bible trained Christian conscience only presented more and more ethical dilemnas when you realized the impact you could have on people's lives, but were powerless to apply your own loving-kindness and feelings.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Hi there, I was a regular pioneer and a MS, I resigned from the privileges last year. Saw a lot of favouritism, politics, plenty of evidence that many things happening in the congregation had not been decided by the holy spirit, but by influential men in the congregation. For a while I fooled myself with "the org is made of imperfect people" line, until I started doing research.

Because I spoke my mind and put a limit on how much nonsense I could put up with, I was gradually stripped of privileges and not even told, I would find out when I asked.

The new light on the Slave rang alarm bells and then I found out TTATT. It was then that I understood why some men viewed themselves as untouchable and powerful, in an org that revels in this attitude.

Whilst I'm keeping a very low profile I'm at a stage where I'm no longer afraid of mere men, the org, or of warning others about it.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I was an elder. I never supported the boot licking/green handshakes (I came from the RC Church). I avoided and hated most JC's (enjoyed getting rid of a pedo though - got in trouble for calling the police first), overturned some DF's by supporting the appelant as chair of the appeal committee. My last talk was a meeting part on shepherding (which I really enjoyed)and love of people - it was the talk that I wanted it to be and then I resigned at a "short" elders meeting that followed that night. Two months later I was no longer at any meetings.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

This thread is soo interesting because there is a huge influx of new members here. I think it has a lot to do with the "new light" the Printing company is pulling on the R&F. Anyone who was borderline before, seems to be certainly out now, or at least serioiusly thinking about it.

Thinking is Good

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I did not have a sex change so was never an elder/ms.

One quote from an elder I liked that was a "Bethel" Elder. He said "they make sure MS are ready and spiritually strong before they make them an elder not just because they will be sheperding the flock but what they see as an elder could stumble weak ones".

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

"prominent" elder (oxy moron huh?), buried in District/Circuit parts......conducted WT for 8 years, chaired too many JC's to remember....

Used and abused

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I also was an elder and a former bethelite... now I am just taking up space and making people nervous

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit