Were/Are you and Elder, MS, CO, Bethelite, etc.? (Please check in here)

by El_Guapo 46 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"they make sure MS are ready and spiritually strong before they make them an elder not just because they will be sheperding the flock but what they see as an elder could stumble weak ones"

Former Elder here.

That is very close to the statement I intended to make. They shield the R&F, including MSs, from the real dirt. Once you get the nod for Elder, you get to see things for what they really are. Good ole boys club. Politics as usual.

Doc

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I was an elder from 1986 to 1990 or 91(can't remember) until I resigned because I was disgusted with it all. It took me another 10 years to leave for good. But at least I am out and happy now.

HappyDad

• Comatose
    Comatose

MS... I asked them to step down last week. Should be announced soon. Used to pioneer. Wanted to do circuit work sometime.

I have "woken up" quickly... Sigh. I know slow fade is the way, but its gonna be hard. Luckily most of the people in my hall are kind and friendly. I don't want to be a hypocritical social witness though haha. Still figuring it out.

• whichway2go
    whichway2go

10 year ms here. Kept hours low enough to avoid elder the last few years, dispire encouragement from the boe. Generation change pushed me over the edge a coiple of years ago, but took me years to get courage to research online, since I'm almost a bornin, and had little outside exposure.

Last 6 months have been crazy. Misses is along for the ride as well, which is amazing since i see so many are not so lucky. Trying to figure out the way out. Not so easy when you have been so long and have family in still. I'm not bitter, love the local elders, all great men that do anything for you. They are just blinded and controlled, most have given up so much.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Pyramid, you have a PM.

I was an MS, need greater in foreign countries, was in a domestic foreign language hall, parts on the assembly, pioneer on and off. Wife pioneered for 15 years straight. Started when she was 13.

I remember an elder once questioning her about her time or some crap. She was very sensative and started crying. I see my wife and asked her who was on the phone. I took the phone, it was brother dumba$$. I asked him what he was talking to my wife about, and does his wife know he is calling and speaking to married women. I told him he never speaks to my wife without me present, and she is coming off the list because she has "lost her joy".

That was a few years ago. My doubts in things like blood, the GB, df'ing, and some other things had taken hold. I thought i could effect good inside by being a voice of reason. I am a pretty good speaker, and refused to teach what i did not believe in. That was my justification. Once I realized that no matter what, my "performance" would just be a feather in the cap of the GB directing the work, I had a bad conscience. Then I had a nasty run in with an elder who moved in. I think I was already kind of done, so I just let em have it. Caught them in lies, embarrased them in front of the CO, but by then the rails had fallen off. I was removed. Left the hall, still got harrassed. 1 year later, I stopped going to meetings and started thinking for myself. Been inactive for 6 months.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Bethel in the late 80s and an MS.

Left Bethel, moved congs, stepped down as an MS and never ever set foot in Hall ever again.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was a ms for many years , I didn`t want the responsability of being an elder so I kept my hours under 10.

smiddy

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

Distressed and confused MS. Still in but currently mapping out the exit route.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was an elder and I couldn't fit my desire to be 'christlike' with the actual desires of the WBT$ nazi regime. The 2 don't fit.

As for JC's and 7 days to appeal Jehovah's(TM) inerrant desicion.............twas my undoing as a JW.

I'm so glad to be out of the JW sterile mental prison. I feel sorry for all those tortured souls stuck in the delusional dreamstate.

I only wish extreme misfortune and excruciating agony to befall the GB. It'd make my day bright

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Active MS, former Elder here ...

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit