Review of Memorial Talk

by pixel 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pterist
    Pterist

1 Corinthians 10

10 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

All ate and drank "Christ" .... THE PRIESTS (144k symbolized) AND THE NON PRIESTLY ( the regular Joes)

Shalom

• heathen
    heathen

Yah , I'm familiar with that amelia , been member of the board for a long time , the way I see it he is talking about when he puts and end to the world and destroys his enemies and delivers his great crowd then there wll be no need for it . There is still need of it because it's how you enter into the new covenent , there are still LF members around even tho I'm not impressed by the ones I see claiming it , You can only aprove of yourself it's not the church decision who GOD elects .

• AGuest
    AGuest

What should be done:

"I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” John 6:47-51

Why it's NOT being done:

"The mixed multitude among the people had a craving and soon they had the People of Israel whining, “Why can’t we have meat? We ate fish in Egypt—and got it free!—to say nothing of the cucumbers and melons, the leeks and onions and garlic. But nothing tastes good out here; all weget is manna, manna, manna.” Numbers 11:4-6

Rutherford... and all those who have followed him... who are NOT of Israel (meaning, not of Abraham's blood) but of the mixed multitude... contrived and continue to contrive a way to "shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men," particularly the children of Israel. Because THEY are not going to enter. So, as FALSE christs and FALSE prophets, they have endeavored to "mislead, if possible, EVEN the chosen ones"... meaning ISRAEL... which many here and in her ARE. (Matthew 23:13; 24:24) Had some here... and there... NOT listented to that "boisterous woman"... they WOULD have partaken and put themselves in LINE to receive the promised holy spirit. By partaking, they are saying "Blessed is he that comes in the name of JAH." Because they are RECOGNIZING that One... and the properties of his flesh and blood... and God's mercy by MEANS of him.

Some, though, think they "see." And so, they will be allowed to continue in their sleep... and dullness of mind. Even though they ARE Israel. (Romans 11:25). Which is why I was sent here: because Israel... is HERE. By their continuous contentions... some prove it, every day. They CHOOSE the wide and difficult path: following the conduct of their forefather, Jacob... who WRESTLED his blessing from JAH (Genesis 32:24-30). Rather simply choosing the narrow road... and going through the One JAH appointed as the Door (John 10:9)...

There's a hard way to know the truth... and the Truth... and there's an easy way. The hard way is to contend; the easy way... is to listen. (Matthew 17:5). The hard way takes some time, perhaps even a lifetime... and although one may come out knowing the truth... and the Truth... it may not be in a way such one thought... or wants. The easy way... well, it's the EASY way.

A doulos of Christ,

SA, who laughs when she reads Moses' response to the complaints about the manna as set out in the Message Bible:

"Moses heard the whining, all those families whining in front of their tents. God ’s anger blazed up. Moses saw that things were in a bad way.

" Moses said to God , “Why are you treating me this way? What did I ever do to you to deserve this? Did I conceive them? Was I their mother? So why dump the responsibility of this people on me? Why tell me to carry them around like a nursing mother, carry them all the way to the land you promised to their ancestors? Where am I supposed to get meat for all these people who are whining to me, ‘Give us meat; we want meat.’ I can’t do this by myself—it’s too much, all these people. If this is how you intend to treat me, do me a favor and kill me. I’ve seen enough; I’ve had enough. Let me out of here.

Okaayyyyy?? LOLOLOLOLOL! Ah, well, what should he have expected from a hard-headed, hard-hearted, stiff-necked people...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Christ has not arrived yet. As for partaking, it is about faith in Christ. That is why if you are a JW reading this, and you feel that you should partake, then do it. There is no greater showing of faith that you can do. Field service?! Meetings where you are taught the continuation of a 19th century false teaching, that the door to heaven closed in the 1920's?! Those thing do not matter at all. Neither do works performed out of guilt, or because everyone else does it, or because you fear being destroyed.

I get why some are bitter. False religious leaders are the reason that truth is spoken of abusively. Partaking isn't about being above others in the congregation. It is not about having secret insights like you are a sage that others must come to. Make no mistake though, you will see things that others do not because they trust men implicitly, and it blinds them somewhat. It is also not about being a saint, or sinless. You are going to screw up on a regular basis. That does not mean that you have partaken unworthily, although WT leaders want you to be in deep fear of sinning against the Holy Spirit. The reality is that they are, if the fully understand what they are doing.

DO NOT let fear of man stop you if you have studied and believe that you should partake. You do not have to do it at the KH. You don't need anything fancy. Just product of the vine, and some type of unleavened bread, even a rice cake counts! You do need faith and humility. If your motive is pure then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. If you believe that, then partake because you will just be performing the ultimate demostration of the faith you have in Christ.

• AGuest
    AGuest

HUGE APPLAUSE for dear Data-Dog!!!!

Peace to you!

YOUR servant and fellow doulos Christ,

SA

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No, many posts here are WT variants. I don't believe the WT teachings are worse than that of many churches. Who defines what is correct about the Bible? It is open to countless interpretations. The mind set of not questioning is demonstrated here. Obedience to a leader. Pls, do we really care about "anointed" and the Holy Spirit? I do not. Most here do not.

The topics raised are JW topics with slight variation. I find WT culture the bad part. Believe us or you will die. There are a small number of believers who care about these topics. I understand it is may be of value to someone who was born-in and stayed for many years. We don't live in enclaves, though. Most people move on to broader issues.

I never understood leaving the WT to make up your own WT. Interestingly, I do believe that Shelby and you are prob. more correct than the WT. Only you have as much authority over me as the WT does now. There is such a splendid world out there. I am not stating that you are sincere but that I cannot begin to understand it. Joe the plumber or Bart the mailman may have interesting ideas. too. What I believe is my belief. I do not state it is God talking to me. Indeed, I've prayed not to endure what Paul did. Paul found many gifts of the Spirit and did not find voice hearing particularly useful.

So much of this has nothing to do with belief. It is cultural. Why should I stop thinking when the Bible is mentioned? I have no animus against you. You are not a family member or a friend. It is very painful to be back in the KH. I can only speak for myself but these posts sound exactly like the WT. The itsby, bitsy details may differ but the same world view and claim to exclusivity is present.

And I wonder why such posts annoy me? People with no Witness background would simply ignore you. Perhaps feel sorry for you. There are so many more important things to worry about. My freedom was hard won. I made a conscious value choice when I left and I continue to do so.

If you wish to believe that God cares about some bizarre interpretatin of coded propehcies, you are welcome to your view. All this constant junk is tiring. You have your own forum of like-mnded believers. Excuse me if I don't believe Jesus or Christ ever cared about baby teeth or when some were anointed. Rather than converting anyone, this junk just keeps going around.

I strongly suggest Bible study. It freed me from this type of thinking. If I were not a Witness, I could not care less. Do you think I will drop everything over your revelations. They aren't revelations to me.

Can't we agree to disagree? I find it offensive that you determine what Christians must believe.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It feels to me like a rejection of Christ himself. - tornapart

I feel the same way.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    It feels to me like a rejection of Christ himself.

It IS, dear Torn (peace to you!) - but you don't HAVE to reject it! You DO have a CHOICE! Don't let ANYONE else make it FOR you! Whether you do it at home, a KH, or elsewhere - it's YOUR choice!

First this:

I never understood leaving the WT to make up your own WT.

Then this:

I strongly suggest Bible study. It freed me from this type of thinking.

Interestingly, a similar statement is what often gets many INTO the WTBTS...

Can't we agree to disagree?

Oh, good GOD... can't we??? Finally?? Please??? Once and for all?? I agree... we disagree! I agree TO disagree! However you need it to be said!

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

It feels to me like a rejection of Christ himself.

To me as well.

Also, well said, Datadog.

Peace,

tammy

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Data, you could not have said it better. Completely agree!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit