Annoying 2/15 WT - Don't Be Stumbled- your Mind Just Misunderstands !

by flipper 44 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. Another WT article which causes JW's to doubt their own perceptions of reality. ( Of course what else is new, right ? ) In this particular article titled " For Those Loving Jehovah, " There is No Stumbling block " - the WT Society stoops to new, or rather re-hashed lows to insinuate that most if not all JW's really misunderstand causes of stumbling as it's just their minds that are imperfect, messed up, or gone entirely anyway.

The first abhorrent bit of information here describes a Witness man who " fought " with feelings of being homosexual and of course the elders thought they had the perfect antidote to keep him from his alleged " abnormal " desires. The quote from paragraph 15 , " One brother who was raised in a Christian household wrote that for as long as he could remember, he struggled with homosexual tendencies. He said, " I always felt awkward. It seemed that I didn't fit in anywhere. " By age 20, he had become a regular pioneer and was a ministerial servant in the congregation. Then he stumbled badly, was scripturally disciplined, and received help from the elders. By PRAYING, STUDYING god's word, and FOCUSING ON HELPING OTHERS, he picked himself up and resumed his spiritual pace. " Translation from WT Society : If you have gay or lesbian tendencies just pray and study more, go out in service , suddenly you'll be straight as an arrow and lose any " homosexual tendencies ". Idiots. WT Society really doesn't get it.

The next example was of an elder who " misunderstood " his situation and allegedly " stumbled ". Paragraph 16 states, " In France, a former elder believed that he had been the victim of an injustice, and he became bitter. He became inactive, stopped associating with the congregation. Two elders visited him and listened sympathetically, without interrupting, while he related his story, AS HE PERCEIVED IT. They encouraged him to thrw his burden on Jehovah and stressed that the most important thing was to please God. " Translation from WT Society : Our elders will listn to you ramble on , but in the end your perception of what happened to you is errant and you just need to drop it, forget it, it's not important- and go serve Jehovah like the WT Society tells you to.

Then the WT Society takes it a step further in the next paragraph saying even JESUS thinks JW's aren't in control of their minds to sort things out and they just misunderstand everything ! Paragraph 17 states, " Jesus, whose eyes are " as a fiery flame ", views everything IN PROPER PERSPECTIVE and thus sees MUCH MORE THAN WE EVER COULD. For example, he recognizes that WHAT SEEMS TO BE AN INJUSTICE TO US may just be a MISINTERPRETATION or a MISUNDERSTANDING on our part. Jesus will handle congregation needs perfectly and at the right time. Thus, we SHOULD NOT ALLOW the ACTIONS or DECISIONS of any fellow Christian to become stumbling blocks to us. " Sigh. Translation from the WT Society : Jesus thinks you JW's are lame and your minds and perception is off because you don't listen to US the GB. And we KNOW because Jesus appointed us, so we think your thinking is lame as well. You misunderstand everything - so if we have GB members, elders committing felony crimes of child abuse against children - you just are misunderstanding the situation ! It's not true ! Don't be stumbled by our actions or decisions to allow child abuse, money laundering of Kingdom Halls so we can assume ownership of all congregation buildings- it may be YOUR money but it's for YOUR good that WE assume ownership of said Kingdom Halls because can't you see it's for the " worldwide Kingdom Work"? That's right, you CAN'T see it because you misinterpret or misunderstand our intentions ! Your brothers in service to Jehovah, Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses .

Hope my little satire didn't just get you sick a little. But this kind of mind control is called " crazy-making " on the WT Society's part. And that my friends is what they are trying todo to 7 million Jehovah's Witnesses today. Make every last one of them crazy and doubt their own authentic reasoning powers in order to control their minds. Unfortunately it works pretty well. As always I look forward to your takes and any observations you have on this. Take care you all, hope you are well, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(bookmarking)

• sd-7
    sd-7
    " I always felt awkward. It seemed that I didn't fit in anywhere. "

<--That's what he said!

Right. Of course nobody ever does anything wrong--your eyes are just deceiving you, is all...

--sd-7

• hoser
    hoser

more social conditioning to think being abused is "normal"

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Flipper, ordinarily I agree with everything you say, but in this particular instance I think you really misunderstood what the Society was trying to say.

Clearly, you need to spend more time in prayer, Bible Study and of course read more Watchtowers and Awakes, which you no doubt will also misunderstand.

If that doesn't work, then ask the elders for help. They can help because--for some unexplained reason--they NEVER misunderstand the direction from the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" even when what they say makes no sense and seems to be completely contrary to what is published in the publications which you misunderstood.

Got it? Good!

Peace out,

00DAD

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Articles such as this prove to me that the leadership at headquarters know TTATT too! Why else would someone formulate and article so blatantly attempting to control how others think? And I used to read that drivel!

• clarity
    clarity

Wow... our "minds just misunderstand" ....oh do they now?

>

Our minds misunderstand!

We can't understand the bible without the watchtower!

Leave the thinking to us!

No independent thinking!

Education is a waste of time!

We run ahead ...we get it wrong!

We never said that .... !

>

This cult is sooooooo responsible for "weak minedness"

of its people ....it should be outlawed!

>

Everyday, millions fall victim to Alzheimers disease,

and are desperate to be able to think, and they finally

die because without brain function ...it is over!

>

And here we have a so called religious organization

that purposely 'dumbs down', beats down and deprives

its followers of healthy critical thinking! Teaches them not

to trust their own hearts & minds.

Omg it needs to stop!

>

Global Alzheimer's Disease

• According to the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 18 million people worldwide have Alzheimer's disease. By 2025, this estimate is projected to grow to 34 million people, with the highest increase expected among developing countries.

Alzheimer's Disease in the United States

• It is currently estimated that approximately 2.6 million to 5.2 million Americans currently have Alzheimer's disease, depending upon the approach used for identifying individuals with dementia.
    • If no cure is developed and present population trends continue, as many as 16 million individuals may have Alzheimer's disease by the year 2050.
    • Alzheimer's disease ranks as the 6th leading cause of death among adults aged 18 years and older, and is the 5th leading cause of death for adults aged 65 years and older.
    • For people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, the total payments for health care, long-term care, and hospice are projected to increase from $183 billion in 2011 to $1.1 trillion in 2050 (in 2011 U.S. dollars).

clarity

• magotan
    magotan

I have always found the phrase "homosexual tendencies" to be insulting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Even if you are sure counsel was wrong or someone overstepped their boundaries, STFU and obey. Jesus will straighten it out if necessary."

• Eustace
    Eustace

Jesus will straighten it out if necessary.

The Drowning Man

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit