Annoying 2/15 WT - Don't Be Stumbled- your Mind Just Misunderstands !

by flipper 44 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Para. 6

"Jehovah will not allow those trusting in him to stumble or to experience a fall —an adversity or a setback in their worship— from which they cannot recover. We are assured that Jehovah will help us “get up” so that we can continue giving him our utmost devotion. How comforting that is for all who love Jehovah deeply from the heart! The wicked do not have the same desire to get up. They do not seek the help of God’s holy spirit and his people, or they refuse such help when offered to them. In contrast, for those ‘loving Jehovah’s law,’ no stumbling block exists that can permanently knock them out of the race for life"

Is the first sentence not stating the obvious? Of course if one maintains complete trust in God's mercy & forgiveness and trust in the visible organization of J W, then he will recover his status in the cong even if he was put outside of it...If somebody is stumbled in their faith, even by the most horrendous of experiences within the congregation, then they say that they do not trust Jehovah enough. Indeed, they are "wicked"..they refuse the help offered to them......Let's blame the backsliders! It is all their own fault ! Genuine Christians keep going no matter what"

In contrast, what did Jesus say?

Luke 17 . 1-2

"Then he said to his disciples: “It is unavoidable that causes for stumbling should come. Nevertheless, woe to the one through whom they come! 2 It would be of more advantage to him if a millstone were suspended from his neck and he were thrown into the sea than for him to stumble one of these little ones. "

• flipper
    flipper

DESIROUS of CHANGE- Exactly, good point. If Jesus was really running the congregations or the WT Society- how come these injustices haven't been taken care of in congregations ? It's because Jesus doesn't really run them.

00DAD- Glad you like my " put the real into their reality " quote. Thanks.

COBALTCUPCAKE- Yep don't trust your mind or your heart. Exactly. WT Society traumatized us all with that drivel for years.

SCOTOMA- Lots of us hAVE moved on from the Witnesses and WT Society. Some of us put threads out like this to enlighten or expose these crock of $hit teachings to JWs who may be sitting on the fence considering exiting.

BLUES BROTHER- WT Society has always blamed JWs themselves for stumbling. It's always the " weak " christians fault they stumble. it's a way of WT Society not accepting responsibility for the boorish conduct of their elders.

DATA DOG- EXACTLY ! This article does give WT leaders free reign to do whatever they want with no accountability. That's what makes the WT Society organization a " criminal " organization because WT leaders think they are above the law made of teflon. One reason they allow child abuse to continue unchecked - they are fostering a spirit or unwillingness to coooperate with any " worldly " police authorities because they feel they only answer to God, not human authorities. It's really sick

• hoser
    hoser

wow you're up early flipper

being a jw is like working for a BAD company. Whatever you do well, your immediate supervisor takes the credit. Whatever goes wrong, no matter

whos fault it is, you are blamed.

• flipper
    flipper

HOSER- Yeah, went to bed early at 9:00 P.M. last night, worked night before from 12:30 A.M. till 10:00 A.M. Friday morning. Got up with insomnia at 4:00 A.M. due to too much sleep now. Go figure. Pretty strange. Can't even play guitar right now- wife's still sleeping. I might watch The Three Stooges or something on T.V. to keep myself entertained ! Hope you are doing well

• hoser
    hoser

doing great with the extended fade

• flipper
    flipper

HOSER- That's really good news ! Keep it up bro. You will do fine as time goes on. It just takes lots of time , keep at it

• hoser
    hoser

flipper you have a pm

• flipper
    flipper

HOSER- PMEd you back buddy

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this up if anybody wanted to comment. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks Flipper for posting this. I just glanced at this WT when my husband gave it to me and was ready to explode when I saw that about the poor brother with homosexual tendencies. All he had to do was pray more, study more and go out in service more. It just made my blood boil to read that. It was exactly what the elders told me to do about my problems with being molested as a kid. I needed to pray more, study more and go out in service more.

Oh and also by the way I needed to also call all the pedo men in the hall brother and I was told that I hurt the feelings of one of the pedophiles because I would not listen to his talks. One of the elders went out of his way to let me know that, and also the CO told me I needed to get a handle on my feelings about this child rapists and I needed to accept that he had a right to RIDE AROUND IN MY CAR and suck up my gas because my husband was an elder. FORGET THE fact that I had been molested as a kid. I wish I had, had the courage to ask the CO and elder at the time if the little girls that this man put his penis in their mouths, if they felt hurt also. But I am sure that the CO and elder could care less about little girls, just so long at this poor pedophile's feelings was not hurt was clearly all they cared about. After all the elder and CO would not even take the court and police records I tried to give them so they could see for themselves what he had done to the girls one of which by the way was his own five year old daughter. I did mail them the records and I have proof that I sent them.

I should have known that all I needed to do was just pray more study more and go out in service more. STUPID ME. The answer was just so was simple.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit