Give me good honest reasons why you will ..............

by Phizzy 44 Replies latest jw friends

• a watcher
    a watcher

I will go to thank Jesus for dying for me.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Not going...and my family has given up "inviting" me...have only gone once since I left, and that was because my wife wanted to see what it was all about. After the Memorial, she said it was the most joyless, unfriendly and stiff church service she had ever attended...her comment was that she "felt like she just attended a tax seminar"!!

• gone for good
    gone for good

A fascinating blog ''year of Sundays'' by former JW, Joel Gunz of Oregon, gives a humourous and courageous look at his experience in returning to the KH at the memorial, and 'partaking' for the first time.

This couple spent a year visiting a variety of religions and services - and briefly critique what they find. They have some really pleasant surprises!

Sould we, should we do the same? A good little read, for all us JWN types.

GfG

• tec
    tec

Wasblind, that was great!

I considered going a couple of times... to reverse the one time I went and passed Him by. Also perhaps to help give others courage to partake if they heard the call to do so. Then I hesitate, only because no one knows me around here, so I might just be considered one of those who doesn't know what is 'proper'.

I consider it for the reasons i stated though, every year.

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Year of Sundays - gone for good, thank you for sharing!

P.S. I will attend for the sake of my husband, a silent protester.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I will attend - for the sake of my wife........

It really is no big deal. The meeting these days is kind of flat and the talk delivered without the sense of occasion that I remember from the past. The dubs all go, of course , but I get the feeling that it is just another meeting to attend.....and damned inconvenient if your congregation pulls the late shift in a shared Hall !

• undercover
    undercover

I never know if I'm going until the week of. It depends on the family. Some years, I've not attended, some years, discretion is the better part of valor and I attend to keep peace.

I'd prefer to never step foot in a hall again (except for weddings/funerals of people I knew/liked) but it's one meeting, one hour, once a year. Ain't that big of a deal. I can handle it.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Tec -

I think you're right in wanting to show respect for a mans great sacrifice.

Jgnat-

I have not been to the KH for about 18 years. I am DF'd or DA'd - not sure which, as no one ever told me - but they sure got the shunning part done.

I am planning to attend this year, and to 'partake' as a 'silent protester'.

I am determinded to find some way to participate, in forcing a change, any change, upon the witnesses that can only be atributed to apostates and not 'holy spirit'.

The WT loves memorial night for it's attendance figures - misconstrued to appear as potential studies or converts. They will soon be forced to discontinue partakers counts , as mentally unstable and mentally diseased ones are already discrediting a count-downward figure for the remaining annointed. They proudly paraded those declining numbers for years, as further proof of the nearness of the end- no any more!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I have always wondered where the 19 million are, because I never saw a hall nearly treble in number on memorial night, never mind double in number (double is only 14 million attendance)! Perhaps there was an additional 20-30% attendance max. Those numbers are barmy!

For every hall that doesnt get more than double/treble, another hall has to get even more than that to get their silly numbers.

Or is it all playing with numbers? Are they counting babies and children as attending the memorial of a gods death ?

Snare x

• whathappened
    whathappened

I would never enter a kingdom hall again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit