Swine Flu shots and Narcolepsy

by designs 50 Replies latest social current

• Giordano
    Giordano

A little peace of mind here in the USA

"In total, the GSK shot was given to more than 30 million people in 47 countries during the 2009-2010 H1N1 swine flu pandemic. Because it contains an adjuvant, or booster, it was not used in the United States because drug regulators there are wary of adjuvanted vaccines."

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Many here seem to think that "taking one for the team" is the unselfish thing to do

but what if there are long term problems for yourself that may effect the quality of your life forevermore ?

I had the flu back in the mid-1980s. It was so bad, that ever since I've gotten a flu shot every year. Very occasionally, I get a slight fever the next day. Haven't had the flu once since then. I get the pneumonia vaccination as well.

I think any potential long-term problems of flu vaccinations are far outweighed by the long-term real problems of having the flu itself. Check the stats of those who catch the flu. Death is a very real possibility, as well as other documented ways flu can damage you.

Getting the flu shot not only helps prevent your getting the flu, it helps prevent spreading flu to your family, friends, and coworkers.

Parakeet.

• tec
    tec

In total, the GSK shot was given to more than 30 million people in 47 countries during the 2009-2010 H1N1 swine flu pandemic. Because it contains an adjuvant, or booster, it was not used in the United States because drug regulators there are wary of adjuvanted vaccines."

I'm not in the States and don't choose to get the flu shot, but that is good to know.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

I have a theory that most of the time when people say they have the flu they actually don't.

If you really get the flu somebody could offer you £1 million to walk 20 yards and you couldn't do it.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

coffy: I have a theory that most of the time when people say they have the flu they actually don't.

If you really get the flu somebody could offer you £1 million to walk 20 yards and you couldn't do it.

You have a "theory." Are you an epidemiologist? The flu varies yearly, both in contagion and virulence. This year the flu has been reported as average in virulence but highly contagious. And I think most competent doctors know how to diagnose flu when they see it.

If you think you're rolling the dice by not getting a flu shot, wake up. You may actually be playing Russian roulette. As well as forcing others to play it when you spread your flu around, especially to those who can't take the flu shot for medical reasons.

Note to those who can't tolerate flu shots: If you get the flu, get to your doctor as soon as possible to receive anti-viral medication that can lesson the severity of your flu symptoms.

• cofty
    cofty

Wind your neck in Parrot.

I am in favour of inoculation - flu kills.

Its a fact that many people exaggerate colds and minor symptoms and claim to have flu.

PS - Its Cofty.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Hear hear. I had, flu once and I thought I was going to die. It took weeks to recover fully.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Cofty: Wind your neck in Parrot.

P.S. It's Parakeet, not Parrot.

• tec
    tec

Well, there are different kinds of flu, so I imagine there are different levels of symptoms as well.

Like the 24 (48?) hour flu. The stomach flu. The terrible lay you up in bed for weeks flu, that some have described here.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Parakeet - Yeah I know.

Its good practice to read a thread before you lecture somebody.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit