Are you DF'd? Share the weirdness, I'll start.....

by Pickler 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pickler
    Pickler

So I started a reply on the topic of "what's your status? " And it made me think about my DF hearing (sorry I can't remember the exact term for what happened).

So I was fading, living in a different country, working & making rare appearances at my Kingdom Hall. I was flat sharing with a sister though. It was obvious that I was weak & people were encouraging me, but I knew I wanted out.

I went out with a worldly guy & we all know where that leads.... Then as a good witness does I immediately rang the elders & told them.

this is where it gets weird, 3 men come to your house & sit in front of you ( I am female & was 20 at time). They go through everything in great detail, step by step!!! I was asked all kinds of personal stuff which was completely unnecessary because I rang them & told them I had committed fornication. Why the need to pour over the details?

Why 3 middle aged men interviewing 1 young woman?

Why no sister present?

They asked me if I was sorry, I said no.

After dissecting my sex life for what felt like hours but probably wasnt, one elder looked at me and said, "I can't help but notice your skirt" we looked at each other....???

Now when they came in they placed 3 dining chairs in a semi circle in front of the couch and told me to sit on the couch (which was lower) so they were all looming over me & I was on the couch where my skirt had no choice but to rise up to the knees.

Anyway, this guy continued to talk about my skirt for 10 minutes, other skirts/sisters & what they mean to him...,.before one of the other elders changed the subject (probably cringing on the inside, I don't know?).

Now I'm older/wiser I know this is creepy.

Did anyone else have strange things happen?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Repressed sexual perverts are what quite a few elders are...sorry you went through that. All they needed to know was you did it and you weren't sorry, could've taken ten minutes. Funny how there are always elders willing to participate in a JC when some young thang has to talk about her sex life!

I am DFd for apostasy, nothing weird about my committee though. I didn't have the guts to just DA, but I wanted them to know what I didn't like about their religion. They didn't like that too much!

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Thats very creepy bordering on abuse.

Father of daughters and grand daughters here .

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I told them I had sex.. they had to have me discribe the penetration everytime .. the one older elder got off on it everytime..

I was privately reproved/removed as a pioneer...

publicly reproved..

Disfellowshiped ..

They asked everytime about the penetration... the final one I wanted out .. so I went as a repeat, repeat repeat offender..

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I hate to sound foolish, but may I ask you all a question? If you wanted out, why not simply DA yourself, or refuse to meet with these men you know have no authority over you any longer, and let them df you without meeting with them? I consider myself to be someone who tries to show others respect, but from some of the descriptions I have read of some jc's, I seriously would have told these men to blow it out their butts after a few minutes. I don't mean to sound flip, I am just really curious. Thank you.

Rudered

• nugget
    nugget

I didn't go to my hearing. But they called every hour on the day of the JC and called at 9:30 that night to tell me their decision. I put the phone down on them and someone took the trouble to drive over to my house that night and post letters through the door with the wrong address on them. That was a little creepy. Oh and being cyber stalked and having facebook hacked and having all my JWN posts printed off that was also very creepy. Got to love the obsesssive nature of the religion.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

There was one time I had a meeting in the back room when I was 18 or so. They found out I was dating a sister and heard we kissed. They wanted to know what all we did. They asked "Heavy petting?, over or under the shirt?, over under the bra?" It was so uncomfortable. I lied and told them under the shirt but over the bra. I wanted out of there so bad. She’s now my wife so I wont go into any detail but if I told the whole truth, both she and I could have and probably would have been DF’d

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I confessed to fornication with an elder's son before I got baptised. I confessed to his Dad!

The concerned elder's came round and I was not asked anything intimate. They read a few scriptures and left. I think they blamed him not me cos he had bleached his fringe and listened to the Sex Pistols.

Edited to add: I was sworn to secrecy over the encounter and this is the first time I have ever mentioned it. Wow that feels good!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I hate to sound foolish, but may I ask you all a question? If you wanted out, why not simply DA yourself, or refuse to meet with these men you know have no authority over you any longer, and let them df you without meeting with them? I consider myself to be someone who tries to show others respect, but from some of the descriptions I have read of some jc's, I seriously would have told these men to blow it out their butts after a few minutes. I don't mean to sound flip, I am just really curious. Thank you.

Rudered

This was 10 years ago for me. Today I would do just that. Tell em they have no authority over me and blow it out their ass. If it ever came to a judicial meeting I would either show up there or days before show up at one of the elders house's with DA letter in hand. Give it to em and tell em have a good life.

• flipper
    flipper

PICKLER- That's just plain wrong and extremely creepy how those elders treated you . Ick.

When I was being interrogated back in 2003 by 3 elders for being seen having coffee at a Starbucks coffee shop with a female friend ( someone ratted me out from my local congregation - I was already separated from my non-Witness wife , divorce pending ) the elders sat me down in th back room before a meeting then told me I wasn't scripturally free to date. I said, " I'm not dating. " They asked me if I had touched the lady friend I was having coffee with private parts. I was shocked. They pressed me, " Did you touch her breasts or vagina ? " I said angrily " No ! I just had coffee in Starbucks with a friend ! " They pressed me more asking, " Did SHE touch your penis ? " ( At that point I felt like saying " yeah we prostrated ourselves on tables at Starbucks and gave people a show ! " ) Idiots ! I just said " No, of course not, she's just a friend ! " Then I told them I felt they insulted me and walked out and removed my books from my seat before the meeting- then walked out before the meeting and never attended again. Best decision I ever made

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit