If you drink coffee . . .

by compound complex 73 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I will drink either plain or slightly fancy. But by volume consumed, it's plain (non-vanilla) from the company's coffee pot.

Tending toward insomnia even without caffeine, I usually forego it after dinner time.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When I was younger, we would hang out at Greenwich Village coffee houses after the library closed or local restaurants after performances at Lincoln Center. Almost everyone drank espresso with little lemon wedges. So I drank it to look cool. It was so grown up. If there was no school or no work the next day, we would leave around one or two am. I went straight home and had no problem sleeping.

I limit my caffeine to four mugs a day. The decaf better quality beans taste the same as caffeinated coffee to me. It is a bit more expensive. I never thought that coffee might cause jitters more than espresso. Thanks for the tip. I am going to have to test it.

The strange thing is that I never drank coffee until after college. If I needed caffeine, I drank tea-pretending I was British or French or No-Doz. I even ended up at the ER for severe cramps from No-Doz. Now I can't imagine life without coffee. I do not crave food in the morning but the coffee jolt is so important when I wake up. Sometimes I wonder if it is the caffeine itself or a psychological process from the culture.

Tea drinkers never seem to have the same cravings that coffee drinkers have.

A colleague was appalled by my taste in wine. He grew up in New Orleans and would spend a corporate lawyers' salary on food and wine. It was a serious topic for him. I had the taste for wine that I could afford. Sometimes it is better not to move up the gourmet scale unless you can sustain it financially. I was happy with rather bad food and coffee. Ignorance was bliss. I also learned about very fine chocolate. It is so easy to go upscale and difficult to return to normal.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Finkelstein - Yeah, Im sure it was more than coffee. He was working on a nervous breakdown for a while from what it looked like.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think its worthy to point out the pluses and minuses of what coffee effects can have on to people.

And as its known those effects can vary from person to person.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Mrs. J, I remember the post when you first started using the French Press, see you're still using it, I've had one for years, wouldn't go back to the ol' drip coffee pot.

I'm even getting to be finickly about grinding the beans myself, ever since I told the girl to grind to a French Press consistency, which they are very well aware of, got home and it was finely ground like baby powder, more suitable for Turkish coffee, at least I got to exchange it, but this time I took it home and did it myself.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Finkel - ^^^Same with alcohol^^^

Unfortunately

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When I drink Coffee..

I don`t Think About..

Eating my Children..

.........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I start the day with a pot of tea, then move into coffee. I live next door to a roasting business (LOL) so fresh coffee in abundance. Local Australian, Columbian, Yemen but the finest I've tried is an original Arabica root stock discovered in Sumatra. The Dutch planted them 300 yrs ago and they were forgotten/lost. So smooth and little bitterness. Also some very nice Robustas, Queen of the Nile and Buttercup Gold from South India.

Oh yeah I have drunk Kopi Luwak numerous times and yes there is a major difference in flavour but not worht the US$50 the Japanese pay per cup!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Oh and I prefer double shot restritto or long black but will usually start the coffee day with a flat white....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hey Shirley, I just got my grinder out of storage. Haven't ground any coffee yet but I'm gonna.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit