If you drink coffee . . .

by compound complex 73 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, caf and decaf friends!

Just now [9:30] had my third cup since 4:00 a.m., and I'm flying higher than a kite -- off on a walk to burn it off.

Many thanks!

CoCo Triple-Caffed

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I got rid of my drip coffee maker. I have two glass French presses (one multi cup and a one cup) and a thermal press from ikea.

I need a cup right now. My ginger tea just ain't hacking it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

French presses work great. I used one or two, until they broke. My little strainer is unbreakable.

S

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I like my cbtl coffee maker and I drink a variety of coffees colombian, kona, vienna, costa rican and i like it with cream no sugar.

The reason I can drink coffee and remain unaffected is because I'm a fast processor of caffeine. I always wondered why I could drink coffee and go to sleep. We had our dna done by 23 and me it's extremely interesting and the price is down to $99. for the complete package. That's how I found out I was a fast processor of caffeine and if you are a slow processor you will get jittery and it could be dangerous but actually kind of good for you if you are fast.

I usually only drink it in the morning sitting in my recliner watching the weather channel it's a very relaxing experience.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Nancy Drew!!!LOL!!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There were several coffee bean places in NY that people flocked to in order to purchase coffee. Classmates made the trek so I went to see what it was all about. This was decades ago. It tasted better to me. Greenwich Village and my college campus also had coffee houses. The whole Bob Dylan era. Folk singers, darkly lit room, and the cofee was marked up b/c people lingered for hours. Good coffee was not available in NJ or most places in NY.

I started drinking good coffee as an affectation. My favorite was French Roast. The taste wasn't as important as the French name.

Starbucks happened. Grocery stores started to offer better offerings. I am addicted to fine coffee and pay the price.

Strangely, though, my favorite coffee, better than all these specialty shops, was Chock Full of Nuts regular. There was an article about why there coffee was so beloved. The author said it was the Bunn machines.

Now I cannot drink regular coffee in restaurants. I love lattes and cappucinos. My favorite coffee for home are the very dark roasts. I use a French press machine. I don't purchase flavored coffee.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I like the higher quality coffees. We buy whole bean and grind it every morning. I drink it strong and black. I try to limit myself to half of a 12 cup pot each morning, but sometimes I drink more. I do get a little jittery if I drink more than half a pot. This morning Just Ron wasn't home, and I drank all but one cup out of the whole pot and I'm a little overcaffeinated. I don't usually do the flavored coffees, but if I have to drink restaurant coffee I put cream and sugar in.

• eva luna
    eva luna

Bon Dia ,

Mmm.. coffee......( I want a coffee perfume, with a hint of cinnamon and chocolate.)

I use a melitta coffee cone for a single mega thermal cup. Cream and sugar in the morning. Nothing fancy.

Latter in the day, espresso with just sugar., with my Moka Pot. Illy, when I can find it and afford it.

Or Nescafe doubled when Im a little lazy. I grew up with Nescafe and I like my memories of it. Hugs to Mouthy!

Funny, I can drink espresso in the evening and go to sleep for a few hours , but regular coffee keeps me up all night.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I drank illy for a few yrs, until i found a roaster. Can't get much fresher than that.

S

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I like a good french press. Its a nice balance and you can throw in some cinnamon or something. You can also make nice loose tea in a french press. Mate is really good for you.

I need to get off coffee and energy drinks again, and go back to tea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit