Anonymous v. Silentlambs... things are starting to get ugly

by cedars 68 Replies latest jw friends

<<<< The processes that led to the stunning victory by Candace Conti's legal team built on precedents and information about WT procedure that has come out since, yes, when Bill Bowen and Barb Anderson began the process by supplying information about WT beliefs, procedures, and policies, and the large collection of experiences of victims that were drawn to speak about it by Bill Bowen and his website.>>>>

Bullshit. Bowen is not Jesus Christ. He is not even a victim of abuse. In my opinion, he's a guy who benefits from the abuse, and exploits it for his own personal gain.

Pistoff, please provide some facts to support your Bill Bowen idolatry. I'm sorry if you're unable to support your bogus claims with anything other than hot air.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Did Bowen state he had something to do with Miss Canance Conti's lawsuit? If so, what part did he share in aiding Miss Conti's legal team?

Let's use our critcal thinking the Society tried to hold back, were no better off now if we can't look at both issues without attacking each other opinions of this issues.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Lando.... the emails in that file dump are real, the WT would not be dumb enough to reveal bethel email details. They are all there inc the factory overseer! They would not do that for the sake of a petty comment against BB.

Bill has stuck his head out on the line for this issue which is more than most of us if any of us, can say. Also silent-lambs was one of the first websites I visited as a JW (that and Watchtower news), it has consistantly made aggressive announcments that would result in a DF. I would be suprised if Bill was anything but he claims and I really doubt he is.

Let's just leave it at that. Any nay-sayers... show us your JW abuse victim sites and charity work.

Snare

The bottom line: Mr. Bowen could have cleared up the questions long ago, by simply disclosing his financial statements in the same manner that reputable charitable organizations do.

As for those who seek to silence the expression of skeptical thoughts, the kingdom hall is a pretty cozy place for you. But this place is not a kingdom hall, and you're just going to have to deal with the absence of thought police on this forum.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

144001, you must have a difficult life. After twice now saying that I have no agenda for or against Bill Bowen, you accuse me of idolatry or some such nonsense.

Thinking he had a rôle in increasing awareness of WT policies, and helping to lay the framework for the issue to be talked about, that is just seeing things as they are.

I don't give a shit what you think about his finances, he doesn't have to answer to you, you don't have to donate.

I know that Bill Bowen and Joe and Barb Anderson have made deep personal sacrifices for pushing this issue.

What has Anonymous done? Dug for emails, with nothing much to show for it, and then smearing Bill when he gives them the finger.

Come up for air, it must stink in there.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Forgive my ignorance, but did dumping the Bethel emails accomplish anything of significance? If it did not, then perhaps it was a Mcguffin that was intentionally released to lend an air of credibility?

I’m not saying this is so, but I’ve not seen anything to be impressed with “Anonymous” so far. Since anyone could be “Anonymous”, what evidence is there that this is not 'theocratic warfare'?

<<<< Come up for air, it must stink in there.>>>>

I'm not near you, so the smell of the air is tolerable.

<<<<I don't give a shit what you think about his finances, he doesn't have to answer to you, you don't have to donate.>>>>

That's good to know, but really, your feelings on any subject are subject to the "don't give a shit" line. I really don't care about your personal feelings about my posts. Neither your feelings, nor Mr. Bowen, have any relevance or even a modicum of significance to me.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

<<Neither your feelings, nor Mr. Bowen, have any relevance or even a modicum of significance to me.>>

Apparently Mr. Bowen has relevance for you. You keep asserting that he has not done a single thing that made Candace Conti's legal victory easier; the fact is he has been involved in dozens of lawsuits, including the Conti suit, as adviser and as a source of information about WT policies and practices.

He was in the news in 2002, national programs in the US, Canada and Australia.

He has been a clearinghouse for information about the subject.

He apparently bugs you; he bugs lots of people.

How about you give credit where it is due?

Or do you still maintain he has not helped the legal cause one bit?

<<<<< You keep asserting that he has not done a single thing that made Candace Conti's legal victory easier; the fact is he has been involved in dozens of lawsuits, including the Conti suit, as adviser and as a source of information about WT policies and practices.>>>>

Explain how any of these things you've listed made Candace Conti's legal victory easier. As for your claims about him being an "advisor" to Conti's case, I do not recall ever reading that Bill Bowen was in any way utilized by Candace Conti or her counsel, Rick Simons for anything. I took a look at the Silent Lambs website and noticed that it conspicuously lacked any reference to the Conti case. Where did you obtain your information that Mr. Bowen was an "advisor" in the Conti case?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

In order to do the work properly, one should be scrupulous about facts. I know from my legal education and casual reading of posts here that both sides do not understand the Conti case.

I have no idea why the WT compiles a pedophile list and then shows up in court saying we have no legal duty. They would do better to consistently show that they have no legal duty and, therefore, keep no database.

A database of perceived pedophiles is hardly a list of convicted pedophiles. Innocent people can be seriously hurt by inclusion on the list. Breaking the law yourself and abandoning your own moral principles is not a good. Publicity that such a list exists places pressure on the WT.

The enemy of your enemy may also be your enemy, too. Anonymous has no claim to my personal data and no claim to the WT;s private data.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit