Would this work? Be honest. Brutal if necessary.

by okage 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• okage
    okage

I feel I must preface this with context so as to make the intention understandable:

We all have a common goal on here. To Jehovah's Witnesses and their Apologists, that goal is destruction of Truth and the downfall of Jehovah's Witnesses. But that's not our goal. Be it disfellowshipped, disassociated, fader, doubter, almost was to never was, our goal is life without the Watchtower Society. We do it by warring with Jehovah's Witnesses, educating people on REAL truth, supporting those ready to leave, or outright ignoring anything towing the Watchtower Society company line.

I've always hated the idea of saying anyone was better than someone else. But the truth is undeniable that the majority of membership on JWN (www.jehovahs-witness.net) ARE better than loyal Jehovah's Witnesses. And if "better" is too broad a word, then a better quality of people.

You show empathy and compassion for your fellow man regardless of race, religion, or club membership. You show love without redefining the word to suit you. You show your content of character as you help a former Witness adjust despite him/her belittling you for your beliefs justs days or weeks prior. Some of you even invite Jehovah's Witnesses into your homes knowing they will tell you your beliefs are wrong, when a Jehovah's Witness will NEVER invite you to their residence BECAUSE of your beliefs.

It serves alot to remove more people from the control of the Watchtower Society. A life without the Watchtower Society opens people up to being better.

I propose a mass exodus from the Watchtower Society, and no, I'm not talking about a concerted effort to wake up the Blue Pills. I'm talking about the faders and the doubters, and possibly the inactives. These ones, these people count toward the 7.5 million member boast but faders and doubters are no more Jehovah's Witnesses than the disfellowshipped and disassociated. They want to be out but have common fears (loss of family and friends, harassment and persecution, possibly losing employment with a Jehovah's Witness employer, etc.). And they are all valid fears, but my intention with a mass exodus like this is to provide a statistical idea to the Blue Pills that there is something rotten in the city of Brooklyn.

But would it work? Say we can convince a multitude of faders and doubters to formally disassociate themselves on the same day or the same week. Would it make any kind of impact?

JWN alone covers North and South America, the United Kingdom, parts of Europe and Africa, and Canada with thousands of members. Among them are hundreds of faders and doubters. Among the membership are hundreds to thousands of contacts and connections to doubters and faders who dont frequent these websites.

The numbers to make an impact I feel ARE there, but stat analyzers and trend evaluators like @Cedars and @JWFacts would have to confirm it.

Would it even be possible to coordinate?

The JWN community has access to respectable public figures like Barbara Anderson and Lady Lee as well as Rights activists in the support of Bill Bowen and Steven Unthank. Media circulation would be suitable for writers like @Terry and @Balaamsass, with circulators like @Atlantis, @Anony Mous, and @JWLeaks.

The resources to coordinate ARE there,

I'm not well-versed in JWN membership but from many of the threads and articles posted here, it's undeniable that an event like this would begin on a site with infinite resources like the people of JWN possess. The leadership is here among the masses to ignite the fire of a movement (not me).

But would it work?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Would it work?

How good are you at herding cats?

• okage
    okage

Wrong person to ask that question @James , lol. I used to raise and train cats professionally. But I get what you're saying. Possible but impossibly difficult.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I used to have high hopes that we could make a difference but sorry to say, they are too powerful with their brainwashing techniques to access large numbers to opt out. I wish we could though. I applaud your intentions.

Loz x

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Ah... a union strike of sorts except, with a union strike you lose your job. With this action, everything known (family, friends and possibly job) could (and likely, will) be taken away.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

incredibly difficult with peoples family situations, millions of them weather Bethelites or the small faceless masses of the R&F will go to their graves knowing it was all a fraud but had no choice but to stay in as the alternatives were too severe, the only change can only come from the paedophile enablers and liars at Patterson and its unlikely to happen for decades.

• okage
    okage

Thank you Loz. The intentions came from seeing the number of Witnesses who become faders and doubters by becoming victims. Then seeing that the only applauded grand efforts against the Watchtower are usually court cases where the Watchtower had their way with people who trusted them.

Candace Conti, the dozen or so kids in Victoria, and the 6000 jw kids in that class action suit being prepared in Australia.

Was hoping to spark an idea that would be a blow to the WTS' numbers as well as remove the doubters and faders before they became victims.

But facts are facts, I guess.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Many/most here focus on the realistic futility of bringing down the WTBS. I believe it will be done someday, but probably by Jah, our Heavenly Father. He has the power, it will be a momentus day. He won't fail, unlike us, who probably have no idea really what we're up against.

Loz x

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Okage - I like the way you think. It's a creative idea, for sure. If it could be done, I think it could be powerful enough to beat them. If you had significant numbers walking out of the KH on the same day - the GB would have to sit up and take notice and they might not be able to form enough judicial committees fast enough.

Unfortunately, the fear goes too deep. The many, many stories I've heard of those who are miserable inside yet stay because they are afraid of losing family and friends - I just can't see them taking the kind of risk such an action would entail.

What might be something to test, though, is maybe to set an annual "leave JW day" as a target. Setting a goal might help some who are almost ready to leave but lacking that final little push.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

How about this everyone who wants to make a statement send a letter to the org anonymously but from locales

all over the world . A letter of disassociation . Actually disfellowshipping the Watchtower corp. Coordinated at the same time

like the Org had us do during the Malawi persecution/scandal . It probably won't do much more than be a cathartic release

for the letter writers . But it could be worth a try .

In reality there are millions of us .

We do need to get organized .

All it costs is a stamp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit