What is your daily commute, and how long does it take you

by coffee_black 43 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ha! We're remote. It's two hours in either direction (highway speed) to the next town. All around us, wilderness. It gives some people the willies. Not us.

• Think About It
    Think About It

My total communte from home to office is probably 35 clicks. I work in the oil sands industry in Fort McMurray, which is in upper Alberta. Canada. This is a relatively small town, but the traffc here can be brutal at times. I started out with a company issued 4X4 truck, but in an effort with the local govt. to reduce traffic, our trucks were limited to on-site use only, and we were put on the busing routes.

The busing effort here is absolutely huge. I'm talking touring coaches picking up thousands of employees day & night. (wifi onboard) If you go in early enough the traffic is not too bad, but after 6 AM the traffic is crazy. Most rides home encounter traffic jams when you hit town. The average ride home is 45 minutes. An interesting fact about working in the oil sands industr is that all employees are offered FREE transportation to work & back.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

1 door down the hall to the right, I can almost do it in the dark , but need a cup of Java!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Wow... sounds beautiful jgnat. My favorite spot in the world is in Vermont....top of a mountain, a mile to the nearest house and 7 miles to what used to be a very small town...no traffic to speak of. Haven't been there in years... but still visit it often in my memory. Sigh~

Coffee

• sir82
    sir82

10 miles. 10 minute walk to bus stop then 30 minutes on bus.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I'm kinda spoiled. I have about an 8-minute drive downtown. Half my commute is driving through the parkade!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

33 miles, about 45 minutes (with normal traffic)

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

6 feet to 6000 miles. It depends on the day. I can say I've been to some interesting spots. I sometimes go after jobs just because of where they are. Jgnat: I love remote areas, but my wife's minimum town size is limited to having a Target.

• minimus
    minimus

3 mins drive

• james_woods
    james_woods

12.5 miles each way on the George W. Bush Tollway...maybe 15 minutes each way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit