What is your daily commute, and how long does it take you

by coffee_black 43 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Mine is 25 miles each way. It can take anywhere from a half hour to an hour and a half each way depending on traffic. There is no way way to get here by public transportation.

Sigh~

Coffee

• lost1
    lost1

10 minutes walking which is handy when it snows and the UK grinds to a halt!

• carla
    carla

At the moment? I walk downstairs and there I am! at work! soon a 5 min drive will be my work for awhile. self employed has its perks, taxes not being one of them.

• designs
    designs

50 miles each way, looking forward to retirement.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Wow, designs... how long does it take you?

Coffee

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

28.6 km each way along country roads on my Specialized 29er with road slicks.

• recovering
    recovering

Untill recently my comute to work in NYC from CT was a horrible 100 miles. Luckily this was only 3 days per week.

I used to taake the train in.

• under the radar
    under the radar

I usually ride as an extra crewmember on a company airplane from NH to TN. I leave the day before to arrive in position about 18 hours before I begin an operating flight. That way I can get plenty of rest, as most of my flights are about 14 hours non-stop.

If the first leg of my trip entails positioning on a passenger flight, then I usually leave out of Boston and fly to wherever my operating flight begins, typically somewhere in Europe or Asia.

The commute to my local airport to catch a company airplane is only about 25 minutes.

The ones I feel sorry for are the people who have to ride commuter trains or buses for an hour or two each way five days a week. Now that's brutal!

• jgnat
    jgnat

5 minutes, no traffic lights! LOL.

Watch out for deer and small children.

I love a small town.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I love small towns too. I live in what is considered a small town... area wise just 1 mile by 4 miles.... But it's a suburb of Boston... and I travel to another suburb of Boston for work.

If it wasn't for rush hour, it wouldn't be bad.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit