What is your daily commute, and how long does it take you

by coffee_black 43 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I walk to work. Three miles there. Three miles back. Takes me about 50 minutes to walk the three miles. Have to stop to cross a lot of streets.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Five minutes drive and five minutes walk. I leave 15-20 minutes early.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Coffee, you must be very proud of your grandson. What an amazing experience he had and he did it at 14! So young to care about other people. You got to share in it too and I am sure, as you say, you will never forget it.

My daughter lends money through Kiva which is something that she has decided to do on her own initiative. I remember taking her door to door to collect for Oxfam when she was very small and she loved it. They don't do what you say do they, kids? But they watch what you do.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Either none of 62 miles.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Xanthippe Yes, I'm very proud of him. His walk was his own idea.... it wasn't a group thing. He needed support from his mom..(and some from me) which he got...but it was his own deal from start to finish. He learned an awful lot from that experience. He continues to be involved with local shelters. He raised a lot of money for the shelters he visited...and brought some ideas to Washington DC which were well received

Good for your daughter!

Coffee

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Up until last week, I was driving 28 Miles in traffic each way, everyday. I just resigned and taking my assets to another location near me

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Traffic really gets to me. I usually take the backroads... it's a couple of miles longer, but I can keep moving for the most part... and the New England scenery is so much nicer than what can be seen from the highway.

Coffee

• tiki
    tiki

8 miles dodging squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits and turkeys.......by an apple farm, through hayfields, nice neighborhoods into a small new england town...........i have the best commute ever!!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hi Tiki! Where in New England are you? For a while there a few months back, I was constantly seeing flocks of wild turkeys...in open fields or crossing the road.... sometimes I see deer.... Nice way to start a day!

I live in Avon, and commute to Wellesley.....MA

Coffee

• flipper
    flipper

COFFEE BLACK- I have to drive over 3 counties an hour and a half one way 4 mornings a week either getting up at 2:30 A.M. or 4:00 A.M. to do my accounts in my self employed business. I drive one way about 65 miles then get back early afternoons after working. It's driving through foothill mountain roads- thus the time in the commute. Fortunately about December of 2010 I was able to consolidate some accounts to make it only 4 nights a week instead of 5 nights a week. Now I take off Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturday nights so I get my much needed rest. After 30 years in my self employed business it felt good to go from 5 nights a week to 4 nights a week. I'm 53 yrs.old and by the time I'm in my 60's I'd love to start scaling this business down- at least not work as much. We'll see how it all works out. Meanwhile I keep kickin' ass with my work

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit