Have You Prepared For The "Flu" And Do You Get A Flu Shot?

by minimus 191 Replies latest jw friends

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Oh geez. Did someone bring up thimerosal. What's next: Vaccines cause autism?

edit: Ahahah. That link posted did say it. What a bunch of maroons.

Aguest: Please tell me how a vaccine containing no live virii can give you the flu? Hint: It can't. Please read my post to see how someone 'can get the flu' despite the flu shot.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Barrold - Are you a part of the medical industry? Interesting that you say you can't get the flu (or cold/flu like symptoms) from the shot when this week Chief Medical Correspodent of NBC, Nancy Snyderman did several stories about the current outbreak and the question was brought up if you could get "flu like symptoms" from the shot and she agreed.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Getting the flu and having 'flu like symptoms' are not the same thing.

For example, during Christmas I came down with Influenza-like illness (ILI for short). It has the same symptoms but it is not the flu.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Please tell me how a vaccine containing no live virii can give you the flu

Sorry if it wasnt clear enough, but my post above was in reference to the cut & paste question that you are asking AGuest

• jgnat
    jgnat

Flu-like symptoms; feverish, redness and swelling around the injection site. We have alerted the (natural) virus fighting army in our body to attack and destroy a (dead) virus. Presto-bango, natural protection against this year's flu.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

ShirleyW, it's pretty self explanatory. There's no live virii ergo you cannot the flu. There's literally nothing alive that can start attacking your body.

I'm not sure how I can state it any simpler.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well whatever it is that some folks get when they get the shot, according to them (because I've never had a flu shot) some people get the "cold/flu like" symptoms while others feels as if they're at deaths door, when you're at that point, doesn't matter what the technical term is, the body is seriously ailing from something brought on from the innoculation and in my book it doesn't make sense for a "cure" to make me "sick" with same symptoms the "cure" is suppost to keep you from.

Or I guess I could've said to you BB, I guess we agree to disagree . . . !

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Did you even bother reading all my posts? Yes, some people may have some sort of allergic reaction, but that's abnormal. They did not get the flu however. If you're not allergic to the shot or have some illness that may make it unsafe, don't get it. That's common sense. Otherwise, you should get it.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Yeah I read your posts

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Used to never get a flu shot but now get one every year. The reasons why I didn't were very similar to the reasons why I became and stayed a JW. I just neglected to ask the right questions and bother to get the facts before I made a decision.

Here is a good link with a clear discussion that could help you make an educated decision- http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/flu-vaccine-efficacy/

It only takes a few minutes to read, and granted some of it can be hard to follow for the layman, but it is well worth the time spent to read over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit