Have You Prepared For The "Flu" And Do You Get A Flu Shot?

by minimus 191 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7
    "Since October 1, 2012, CDC has antigenically characterized 521 influenza viruses, including 17 2009 influenza A (H1N1) viruses, 327 influenza A (H3N2) viruses and 177 influenza B viruses.

I'm not sure I understand how this relates to the flu shot, in terms of...521 different kinds of viruses. So one shot is protecting against 521 different kinds of flu? Or is it just that if you're safe from a type A and a type B, you're just about ready to deal with any of the others? How does that work?

--sd-7

• jgnat
  • jgnat
    jgnat

For sd-7, interpreting the CDC report:

Included in VaccineNot Included
    H1N1 (Influenza A)170
    H3N2 (Influenza A)3252
    Influenza B11859
    TOTAL46061

88% of the flu types were covered in this year's vaccine.

• eva luna
    eva luna

No, I pass on the flu jab.

I have an assortmant of colidal silver, vitamin C, garlic, etc. A dead chicken for soup. Or a pick up of Hot and Sour Soup. I do wash my hands often and have learned to not touch my face when in public.

I have never had a bad flu. Just a 3 day cold.

Those getting this "super Flu" may think this is a mistake.

From what I have read, as stated above. Flu Jabs are selected and may not have the correct strain of viruses in it. Makes me wonder about all the red infected staes. Did it work!?

p.s.

To add to Shirley's fine suggestions. Clove oil is also very effective.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Is this chart on the same link you referred me to? Thanks for putting it here. So instead of doing battle with 521, I can choose the vaccine, and do battle with 61. "Oh. Great."

--sd-7

• jgnat
    jgnat

Now, that's not to say you will be exposed to all 521. I suspect the various strains have different coverage. I made the chart myself based on the paragraph.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Eva Luna, keep in mind that there's different coverage based on how many got the flu shot. It's the same flu shot in every state, everyone protected from the anticipated big flu viruses that season.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Eva - Yes, I know, I've been doing a lot of research for the "problem tooth" of mine, Dentist wants to yank it, no way ! ! !

As far as the flu shot, I'll never forget a co-worker of mine I worked with for four years, every year she faithfully got the flu shot and every year immediately after getting the flu shot she was sick as dog for about a week. . . . makes no sense to me why she even bothered to get it.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Colloidal silvers doesn't prevent the flu.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I always have the 'flu shot.

The flu outbreak and Norovirus seems to very prevalent this year right across continents. It's terrible here right now. You can't get a shot against Norovirus though. I always am scrupulous about hand washing, especially diligent after a supermarket shopping trip, where my hands have been pushing a cart pushed by thousands before me, and also after any visit to the town, remembering doors, escalators etc. last year I still got Norovirus. I have never been so I'll.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit