Does an "all knowing" God have the leisure of choosing not to know something?

by wannabefree 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

This concept just always caused a conflict in my mind. I can remove the idea of predestination with knowing something in advance, why would the Watch Tower insist that God chooses not to know something? Is that even possible for God? If He knows all things, wouldn't He already know what He is choosing not to know?

(Isaiah 46:9, 10) 9?Remember the first things of a long time ago, that I am the Divine One and there is no other God, nor anyone like me; 10?the One telling from the beginning the finale.?.?.

*** w06 6/1 p. 25 par. 17 Jehovah Tells "From the Beginning the Finale" ***
    Jehovah apparently chose not to foresee what Adam-and Eve-would do, even though He has the ability to know everything in advance. It is therefore a question, not of whether Jehovah can foresee the future, but of whether he chooses to do so. Furthermore, we can reason that Jehovah, being a God of love, would not knowingly and cruelly predetermine that rebellion-with all its sad consequences-should take place. (Matthew 7:11; 1 John 4:8) Thus, as far as Jehovah's exercise of foreknowledge is concerned, it is selective.

*** w95 2/15 pp. 5-6 Can Predestination Be Reconciled With God's Love? ***
    True, God can foresee certain events, but in many cases, he has chosen not to use his foreknowledge. Because God is almighty, he is free to exercise his abilities as he wishes, not according to the wishes of imperfect humans.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Just think of this - you know that your best friend is in grave danger of losing his life and you have the possibility to save him: how do you decide "not to know" and how could you live with yourself for letting him die when you could have saved him? Sickning isn't it? If God is almighty and forknows everything, what good does this do if he doesn't exercise his powers...I am a brain surgeon but I chose to fix cars...what good does that do for those who need brain surgery?

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's a copout excuse, like the little kid hiding under the covers, or drowning out something it doesn't want to hear by chanting i can't hear you.

S

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

If you don't know everything you aren't all-knowing.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

When whole concept makes no sense, you have to come up with some circular reasoning that also makes no sense to attempt to make some sense out of it all.

If that sounds confusing, go back a read it a couple hundred more times.

STFU! There you go trying to make some sense of it all!

Just go out in servcie and drop some a lot more money in the box.

Jehovah needs your money.

Doc

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

god knows everything jesus was the lamb from creation rev 13:8

• mrsjones5
  • wasblind
    wasblind

" God can foresee certain events, but in many cases, he has chosen not to use his fore knowledge. Because God is almighty, he is free to excercise his abilities, not according to the wishes of imperfect humans."_______w95 2/15 pp.5-6

Case and point: ACTS 1:6-8

Apostles: Hey bro. are we about to get the party started in the Kingdom ?

Jesus: Don't know, Pops never gave me a date, but I'll send help wit' invitations

Matthew 24:7

and when you feel the earth move under your feet, you can be sure this party startin' RIGHT !!!!!

Electric slide anyone ?????

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mrsjones: why you look confused?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Assuming again? That wasn't confusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit