How Long has it Been since you Last Attended Meetings and What Caused...

by flipper 152 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowman
    Nowman

My last meeting was sometime in 1993. I left home and the org in 1992 when I was 18. I was DF'd a few months later once my step dad the elder knew that I had committed fornication, he would call and ask me too. I was honest. So, when I finally did, I told him when got around to calling me.

I was a born in. I left initially because of my fanatical parents. I would always dream about being "worldly" actually. I thought my life was normal, and I thought what my parents did to me was normal, until I got older. Then in Oct 1992, I went out in service with my mom (I was a reg pioneer too) all day, we had separate cars. I said see you at home mom (I was lieing).

I never went back on that Monday night after service all day (when I think about it, I kinda feel bad for what my parents went through when I left, I was their only one, you know?). Oh they tried to get me to come back....all my friends called everyday.....for months....until I was announced as DF's....the calls stopped.

Fast forward to today, I will be 39 in March. I have lived 1/2 my life a JW, and the other 1/2, a worldy person with no current religion. I like being a worldly person, I like freedom.

HUGS, Nikki

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the experience Nikki, glad to hear you gained your freedom and are happy ! Anybody else ? Would love to hear your stories

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

My last visiting contact with dubs was a visit telling me "I need to get over myself and make arrangements for field service with the brother who stold from me". Nothing was said about all the years of service, just "I need to get off my ass and get out in preaching Jehovah's name" "You are wasting your talents and Jesus will call you into accounting of them!" and more warm words of advice "please, you speak three or five languages, you could help the foriegn field in a giant way, be apart of the solution and stop thinking about yourself. I can see how unhappy you are with your angry attitude sulking at home."

I was not sulking at home, they showed up without telling me they were coming to my house. I was taking twenty units that quarter and missing meetings because I found nothing of value with it. Why cram down someone's throat something I don't believe is 100 percent Truth? I stopped attending meetings Flipper when I saw a very bad elder and watchtower society deccession hurt innocent people, they worried about destroying aposates and keeping horrible people in their crib. peace upon you flipper.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Quite a few years, and I stopped because it was mostly as boring as batshit and bollox to boot.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences ! Anybody else- feel free to share as well ! Really some cool stories

• Think About It
    Think About It

Belief-wise I thought it was still the truth, but I had seen so much BS and disfunction in the JW religion that I resigned as elder and got my whole family out in Oct 1995. Haven't been to a meeting or memorial since. It was a leap of faith to leave the JW's cold turkey like that, and I am forever grateful to JWN & members for helping me see TTATT when I first started coming to this site.

• flipper
    flipper

THINK aBOUT IT- Glad you got your family out and gained your freedom back. Good for you.

Any other experieces of people escaping ? Tell us we'd love to hear them ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was a convert at 19 yrs of age , took the bait hook line & sinker.It took me 33 years to finally see that the WTB&TS WAS NOT WHAT IT WAS CRACKED UP TO BE .I saw firsthand what they claimed to acheive , was not what was accomplished in real life .Then I also discovered quotations they used in their literature was often out of context , implying something quite different than what the author intended .An unethical practice, if not wholly dishonest So my last meeting was about the year 1993 .My wife , 2children , their families ,my sister in-law , her 2 children have all left and living lives that were meant to be lived , and not being a robot for the WT corporation . We all enjoy living and using our own brain making our own decisions .

I can only describe it like the feeling slaves would have had when they gained their freedom

smiddy . .

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

My last meeting was sometime in 1999. It was actually a judicial meeting. During the meeting I honestly felt contrite and determined to be a good JW, which I guess the elders sensed also and decided not to DF me. Strangely, though, as soon as I left the hall, it was like my mind suddenly opened. After 36 years as a born-in, it was at that moment, driving back home, that I finally had clarity and thought, "What the hell have I been doing all this time?" It wasn't really any specific doctrine, just a kind of overall feeling that it was all a waste of time.

I decided then and there that I would never go to another meeting, and for the first time I felt absolutely no guilt about it. I lost my JW mom and sister over this decision, but I regained my life.

• Pterist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit