How Long has it Been since you Last Attended Meetings and What Caused...

by flipper 152 Replies latest jw friends

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

My last JW event was he spring assembly in 2001. I'd already started fading in the congregation I was assigned to and had started making plans to seperate from my husband at the time. The only reason I went was to appease my family. It was pretty awkward, because it fell on our first wedding anniversary and my dad made a big deal about taking us out for dinner. I remember wanting to just get up and leave.

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

It was a memorial about 30 years after I left. Over the years, I'd only been back for the odd funeral. My aunt asked me to come and I thought I'd do it for her, as a courtesy, to be kind. She was getting old, and we got along so well. We'd frequently go shopping together, and always had a great time. At the end of the memorial the speaker said they'd be having 3 special Sunday talks coming up and that he encouraged everyone to attend these. After it was over, my aunt was so excited because she said that I would have to come to those talks. Well, my mouth dropped, and, of course, I could feel my anger but just said no, that I wouldn't be attending any more talks. So sad that they can only think one way.

This is an interesting topic, in many ways there's so much more humanity here. I'm so amazed at all the brave individuals here who have the courage to move on and hope for a better life outside of the JW's.

• flipper
    flipper

VAJENI82 & WISHING LIZ- You are both brave individuals as well for exiting this controlling organization and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel ! Congrats to you for stopping attending ! Anybody else have some experiences of stopping attending and the reasons that made you stop attending ? Thanks for your replies. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Anybody else like to share their stories of fading and stopping attending meetings and what caused you to do so ? Thanks. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• crapola
    crapola

I haven't been to a meeting in about 4 years. it's been the best years of my life. Just couldn't take the stupidity anymore.

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

No spin.

I was having an affair and did not want to be disfellowshipped.

I disassociated instead.

No regrets. Never looked back. It was 1976.

• flipper
    flipper

CRAPOLA- I agree. I haven't been to meetings in almost 10 years. Those have been the best years of my life as well !

CREATIVESPIRIT- Well, at least you went out with a " bang " ! I'm glad you attained your freedom and have no regrets, good for you

• crapola
    crapola

Hey Flipper I sent you message. Did you see it?

• goodsoul
    goodsoul

8 Months for me and my wife. Haven't been even once since left, don't want to see anyone. No regret.. no return. resign as an elder and TMS overseer. before that resign as service overseer. Still are not DF'ed. Can't believe, it was me all these years.

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

I attended a meeting last weekend. Maybe it could be my last? I wish I never had to go back but it's difficult. It's like picking the day you're going to die, at least as far as my uberdub family is concerned. I'm going to spend some time with them this month and I feel like it's going to be basically saying goodbye.

Anyhow, I woke up recently when I heard a GB member explaining the new light on the FDS. I was close enough that he was looking me in the eye and suddenly I just realized this man was lying. He's claiming to be God's sole channel to mankind today and is trying out this "new light" to see how it goes over before being shared with the masses. It was very odd that he kept referring to the FDS in the third person, but everyone knew he's a GB member. It was very much a 'man behind the curtain' experience.

So I don't know when my last meeting will be, but if it hasn't happened already, it will be very,very soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit