How Long has it Been since you Last Attended Meetings and What Caused...

by flipper 152 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

LouBelle......that was a cool experience you related. Very bold of you.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the experiences of how you stopped attending meetings and exiting ! I'm sure it will really help lots of newer members to make their leap as well ! Keep the experiences coming please ! Peace out, mr. Flipper

• franticfran
    franticfran

Goodness me, here I am for the first time and I still feel as though someone is peering over my shoulder and at any moment I will be "found out"! We havent been to a meeting for over a year and I am not sure what it is I still miss,is it the people? We had been in the truth for 37 years and nothing mattered in our lives but the truth,and now we are abandoned,but we still feel that we have our integrity. I see brothers I was so close to once and they duck into shops to avoid me,were not disfellowshipped or anything like that,we just refused to be bullied,and so just walking into the hall made me quite ill with fear and aprehension. So here I am,do I miss what I had,honestly? yes I do! To be honest though I think I just nodded dumbly for over thirty years and just accepted without question,but I think we were a kinder organisation then,I think now this organisation is about control and thats just wrong!! Sorry to rant on,its like for the first time I can speak without fear.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    To be honest though I think I just nodded dumbly for over thirty years and just accepted without question,but I think we were a kinder organisation then,I think now this organisation is about control and thats just wrong!! Sorry to rant on,its like for the first time I can speak without fear.

Welcome to the board Franticfran. You will be fine posting. No one will know. Many people had the same feelings as you before they left the WTS.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome, Franticfan!

It is wonderful to be able to express yourself among people who understand...

• franticfran
    franticfran

Thank you so much for your kind words of welcome. I admit that I quietly enjoy being a fairly free individual now, I am tremendously disappointed in this organisation and the culture of control that seems to have developed in the past few years,and I freely admit I feel lonely and out of step with "normal" people. I was so well known in my community as a witness and allthough I was friendly and I hope kind, I made sure never to make friends with "worldly" people,and now here we are an elderly couple without any social networks entirely afloat in an unfamiliar land,but we will start again I am determined. I believe that we can love Jehovah, live our lives in accord with the scriptures but enjoy our lives without fear and isolation in this world today,so here goes everybody, wish us luck...we are jumping in.

• goodsoul
    goodsoul

My last meeting was few months ago. I remember, that then I told my wife:"It's definitely my last time here. This place is not for me." I remember my last comment on this meeting,it was something regarding Jeremiah. Something kind of "..he boldly denounced hypocritical leaders of Israel..It costs him a lot, but he never stoped. It's good example for me." After that my wife were present there for a few times and after that stopped also. I am still formally elder, but during CO visit next month it probably(and hopefully) will be reviewed. Although we were very active during all our time in org., now I think it is most deceptive and harmful sect. No more faithful in evil slaves and witchtower in our life. greetings franticfran and everyone new here!

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Thank you so much for your kind words of welcome.

Fran.....you should start an introduction post. Many people will not see a new person on this thread. Many people would like to say welcome and hear a little about you. Just a recommendation.

Goodsoul......you should start an introduction post also, to let people know you are new and posting now.

• franticfran
    franticfran

Ah thank you people, not sure how to do that, not terribly computer literate,but I will go off and investigate. You have no idea how good this feels to speak to others at last,I must be careful I dont just talk and talk!! I feel as though suddenly the floodgates have been opened. Thank you all so much again,now I shall go off and do this post thing.

• flipper
    flipper

GOODSOUL & FRAN - Welcome to the board indeed ! Nice to have you here and thanks for sharing your experiences. We are here for you as a support , remember. Many of us went through what you folks have suffered so you are not alone. Keep researching the Internet and informing yourself to give yourself access to information about how high control organizations like Jehovah's Witnesses, Scientology, and Mormons work. Many consider these to be mind control cults so it's no wonder our freedom of thought was taken away from us and we were victims of high control tactics. Check out Steve Hassan's books if you get a chance dealing with mind control and how we escape it and deal with the residual effects after we leave a cult. It really helped me , I think you'll find the same. Take care, glad to have you here ! Welcome to freedom of mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit