The Other Side of the Indian Rape Story

by fulltimestudent 86 Replies latest social current

• perfect1
    perfect1

saying its the other side of the story is stupid. This isnt a he said she said- its not your parents getting divorced and trying to understand where your dad is coming from.

A WOMAN WAS RAPED AND MURDERED. THE MEN WHO DID THIS DONT HAVE A SIDE OF THE STORY WHICH JUSTIFIES THEIR ACTIONS.

I doubt your credibility, full time student. youre a boorish lout.

• prologos
    prologos

dont some cities have public transportation, trains that are segregated male/ female to at least minimize the victimisation?

• fedup
    fedup

I read an article on excusing violent crimes, it read;

"Have your opinions all you like about violent acts against someone else, The victim or victims are the only ones who can rightly excuse anything. Ask them how they feel?

The impact on them doesn’t diminish because outsiders have decided it’s all okay and make excuses for the crime, on the flip side, the crime is not worse if they condemn the criminals, it’s only the victims who can truly know the effects, as it’s solely their experience. Legal punishments and such are up to their justice system, but forgiveness? The emotions around the events? All that stuff? Not up to the state, not members of the public, but just those who have been harmed."

Imagining such a crime committed on a family member will bring out very strong emotions, making excuses for the warped criminals is insulting to the victims involved, as well as to the millions of people in India that are protesting for justice against such devastating crimes.

If such a crime would have been committed to my daughter, sister, mother or close friend, I would push for the death penalty on those animals.

We all have a free ticket to life, in my opinion, those men, with that crime, lost their right to that ticket.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Fedup:

* Best Comment Yet *

• still thinking
    still thinking

fedup...your comment is interesting. I recently watched a documentary about Islam. I thought that the death penalty (beheading) was decided by the government and law. Apparently, it isn't. It is up to the victim or the victims family to decide if the person should be forgiven or a penalty administered. Can't argue with that.

If they presented the evidence to the girls family and they decided to forgive, that's their prerogative. If they decide on the death penalty who are we to decide they shouldn't?

But aside from that. This thread I assume is to understand the background of societies that continue to have the attitude that some humans have less value than others. This is such a complex issue, as I said before. It is about human rights and equality. All prejudice contributes to this behaviour. Whether it be racial, sexual, or ethnic, religious, or class. It feeds the idea that one human is better or worth more than another. The minute we start to think someone is worth less, it opens up the possibility of abuse.

When we value life. People do not act this way. It is ignorance. This happens in ALL societies. But improves with education and freedom of speech for all. And as some have pointed out...some of the poorest societies have the least violent crime. Poverty is NOT the reason for rape.

• fedup
    fedup

Still thinking:

Can you tell me the name of the documentary?

• still thinking
    still thinking

I wish I could fedup...I just caught the tale end of it on TV the other night. So I don't know what it was called. I think it might be a series where the woman doing the doco travels to different countries. She was talking to someone about the beheading law...and that is what he said. I was really surprised. I didn't know thats how it worked. If I see the series this week I'll let you know what its called.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit