Commenting at the Meetings

by nolongerconfused 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tornapart
    tornapart

Yes Ding.. that's the best bit. When you still go but nothing they can say has any effect on you anymore. You watch and listen to how everyone else is being guilt tripped into doing more, more, more and you know that they can't do it to you.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's curiously ironic that a religion that is essentially founded on believing Jesus is invisibly present is so concerned with appearances and visible things.

Several of the above comments nailed it. In JW-land, "spirituality" is measured only by what can be seen: commenting, meeting attendance, your physical appearance (dress & grooming), going out in "the field ministry."

There's not even much discussion about what's real: personal qualities.

00DAD

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

What used to annoy me the most about commenting was the parents that instructed

their toddler to answer usually a one or two-word phrase.

I remember when I was about 5 and my mother tried to make me answer. I was instructed

to say yes, but when I got the mic, I said no. That seemed to fix things.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I stepped aside as an elder when I started fading. After "OTWO is no longer serving as an elder in this sh*thole congregation" was announced, I commented once that evening and once each of the following two Watchtower studies. Although it's stupid now looking back, I did that so people would know I wasn't "removed" for wrongdoing- that would automatically remove commenting privileges. But people treated me normally while I was still there, maybe because they were sure I did not "sin" against Watchtower rules.

Beyond that, I didn't comment at all. I also quit the Theocratic Ministry School when I resigned. It's all voluntary. You don't have to be a member. You don't have to comment.

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

I hope I'm asked why I'm not commenting...

I would not answer the question...I'll just make a face like WTF?...then just walk away

• james_woods
    james_woods

I quit commenting after I resigned as an elder.

It was either say a lie, or say something that would stir up trouble.

Of course, I pretty much quit going to the meetings about a month after I resigned, and went to my very final meeting three months later.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I just stopped going,,,,,

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I pretty much quit commenting when still an elder. no one ever said anything. The last time I commented was maybe a year ago something about how to keep a marriage strong. Nothing to do with the bible or wt.

Just stop. I doubt anyone will say anything. If they do, I'm planning on saying that when I have something to contribute, I will. But it's been almost 5 years and no one has said anything to me yet.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

What if 10% of the rest of your congo feels the same way the original poster does? What if say even 20% or 30% feels the same way? What if instead of going through the motions and hating yourself later, you just took your ball and went home. No need to debate, justify, or argue your reasons (unless you want to of course). You just walked away and moved on and lived the rest of your life like a movie.

Think of how your actions would inspire everyone else in your congo to do the same. People are like that sometimes, they know what is right and wrong, but they won't act until that one brave soul moves first. Ever seen a fire or a horrible car wreck. 90% of the people just stand and gawk until one or two rush in to help, then everyone helps. It's human nature.

Now imagine if a few SS guards would have done the same at the concentration camps in WWII. Think of the few whites that stood next to blacks in the U.S. during the civil rights movement. Most people knew the status quo was wrong, but they couldn't find the courage to do the right thing until they saw that someone else could do it as well.

Think about it.... I honestly think the KH's are about 50% full of unbelievers. At some point yall will have to take responsibility for not walking away. The org doesn't care if you really believe or not as long as you follow the rules and sell the literature like a good JW. Those of you that think you are bringing it down from the inside are delusional you are just hearding more souls into the gas chambers and blaming it on your superiors. Your actions (attending meetings and such) are what counts.

Think of all the pedos that would be in jail, all the lives saved with blood transfusions, all the people helped by professional mental health treatment, and all of the lives not wasted on this org. If you continue to just go through the motions, you are no less guilty than those that believe in my book.

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

very powerful cagefighter...thanks for your opinion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit