This is just plain CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by wasblind 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

The Concentration camp Jehovah's Witnesses weren't actually "Jehovah's Witnesses"--they were Bible Students.

Interestingly, the more you parse this--the more clear it becomes: the reason Rutherford changed the name from International Bibles students is that

they were AT ODDS with what HE was doing and saying and printing! These bibleforschers were more Pastor Russellites than Rutherfordites.

So, when the Watchtower Society makes the Concentration Camp victims billboards for "True Religion" they are really condemning themselves!

EVERYTHING both the Bible Students and later Jehovah's Witnesses believed about the "signs of the times" has been proved by history to be FALSE

It comes down to this.

Jehovah's Witnesses aren't true "witnesses" unless they take their publications to others.

The publications make false predictions about the world ending.

So, what they are "witnessing to" is a lie.

They are very proud of being door to door liars.

Hardly "bragging rights".

• Ding
    Ding

Hitler was stopped by the military force of the Allies, not by JWs knocking on his door at Berteschsgaden.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I think what struck me as odd about many of the stories about such circumstances was that JWs, for some inexplicable reason, desperately needed, not copies of the Bible, but copies of Watchtower literature to sustain themselves. It goes to show that their faith is preserved by the literature and not by scripture at all.

--sd-7

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Its funny that the special Watchtower publications
    smuggled in all contained old light . None of those
    publications are included in todays Watchtower Library .

So the ones in the death camps were all sustained
    by wrong "old light" .

So anybody today that believes like they did in the 40s
    would be DFed today .

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

These stories about literature getting to witnesses under extreme conditions have always fascinated me as now, not under ban, in concentration camps or at war they cannot get it on a 4 hour flight to Spain!

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

When the Sachsenhausen camp was being evacuated at the end of the war, the gaurds positioned a wagon on which they had their loot in the midst of a column of Witnesses, Why ? Because they knew that the Witnesses would not steal from them."_________Proclaimers of God's Kingdom book page 663

Anyone who has been to Sachsenhausen and seen the small museum there would know those who survived would not have had the energy to steal loot off a wagon from armed soldiers.

Why were the prisoners standing in a line? Was it because they were liberated and able to walk off with the loot?

No. They were in a line because those that could stand were forced on the death March on 21st April 1945. There were armed soldiers around them. They had no food or water, most were physically exhausted. Those who fell were shot. They were not free and not in a position to steal loot from their captors.

Even the 3,000 left behind in Sachsenhausen who were too ill to go on the march were still there the following day despite being unguarded.

Clearly I was not there on that day nor have I spoken to anyone who was but I disbelieve the interpretation of the account or possibly the account itself.

I'd recommend anyone to go to Sachsenhausen - especially in the winter. It is a humbling experience.

mmxiv

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what I find sick is the so called non conforming to any work in the camp that could be construed as helping the military such as cleaning the boots of the soldiers. So proud of themselves for not doing anything while captive that could be interpreted as helping the war effort. The dubs didn't learn to lie about working with governments until later. I don't think the brothers in Mexico had with lying about it.

And what was wrong with doing other work in place of military duties? Didn't Paul speak about doing secular work if called up by the govt? What's the difference between doing secretarial work in lieu of military duties, as opposed to working for the govt doing secretarial work?

• I quit!
    I quit!

Let's remember that Rutherford only took a stand against Hitler when sucking up to the Nazis didn't work and he took it the other side of the Atlantic under the protection of the United States. I believe it would have been totally different for the Witnesses in Germany if the Watchtower headquarters had been located there. Rutherford would have caved in under pressure as he did with the WW1 issue.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

True. The Nazis didn't cuddle up with Rutherford despite his letters about persecution in the US.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

JW's in concentration camps would not steal or escape or hurt a Nazi given the chance.

JW's are the only religion ready to help out in the aftermath of disasters.

Only JW's have love among themselves and would never take up arms in any country and go kill their "brothers."

Only JW's can understand the real truth from the Bible.

Only JW's are doing the proselytizing foretold in the Bible.

It goes on and on.

Fact is, if a JW did not hurt a Nazi when given the chance, he knew he or his family would be killed.
    Loot is not food. It's not worth your life to try to steal loot.
    JW's that did not take an obvious chance to escape would have stayed to help loved ones.

The concentration camp stories are exaggerations blown way out of proportion, bigger than life, to demonstrate how obedience is faithfulness to modern JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit