This is just plain CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by wasblind 38 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

"Other prisoners tried to steal food along the way, and many were shot while doing it. In contrast , Jehovah's witnesses siezed opportunities to tell people along the evacuation route about Jehovah's loving purposes, and some of these out of gratitude for the comforting message, supplied them with food for themselves and for their christian brothers."________Proclaimers book page 665

Bottom line : The Jehovah's Witnesses hoodwinked those folks out of the food they risk their lives for

by tellin' them a pack of lies. I ain't sayin' God can't deliver. But it was the Allies that saved that day

I must admit, bein' raised worldy, After that Witness swallowed my biscuit that I risk my life for

I woulda gave that him three days to produce the kingdom,............ three days.

On the beginin' of the fourth day. I woulda kicked his natural ass.

This was sick on the part of the WTS , just sick

• JeffT
    JeffT

regarding renounciation letters

It is almost standard practice with these kinds of things to use the signed document for propaganda purposes and leave the poor guy that signed it where he is. It happened in Korea, and I think in Vietnam. I don't doubt it would have happened that way in Germany.

If literature was smuggled in (a claim that makes me suspicious) it was because the guards took everything else they wanted and didn't care about the magazines.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I can't imagine a society as virulent as Nazi Germany simply forgetting about you if you signed it._____Sooner

Accordin' to the Proclaimers book the Witness had the respect of the SS officers

" They managed to win the respect of thier fellow prisoners , of prisoner functionaries, and even the SS officers." ____Proclaimers book page 663

Grey box

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

MMXIV, I went to Sachsenhausen. Not in the winter but still quite an experience.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Hitler was stopped by the military force of the Allies, not by JWs knocking on his door at Berteschsgaden.

...the allied army led by the apostate general, Dwight D. Eisenhower.

• prologos
    prologos

The letter to renounce your faith contained a further condition: you vowed to from now to would suuport the 3rd reich and the nazi war effort.

One thing a survivor told me was that the "new light" dilemma caused tension in the camps, particularly around the Superior Authority teachings.

It was a worthy cause to remain neutral in that slaughter.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The letter to renounce your faith contained a further condition: you vowed to from now to would suuport the 3rd reich and the nazi war effort._____Prologos

As other posters have pointed out. The Jehovah's Witnesses in the camps were not Jews

Hitler wanted all " JEWS " exterminated, they didn't have a choice, let alone recieve gifts

and babysit children of the German solidiers

They were there to give the Jews false hope, when they could have worked as

double agents to end this tragedy sooner. And I don't think God would have mind

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

One interesting moment when in the sachsenhausen museum with a JW - they asked how the nazi soldiers could work there - how they could reconcile it - how they didn't just say no I'm not going to watch people die here or actually kill jews today.

I answered that JW's view worldly people as lesser and are waiting for the day when they all die. That JW's just follow what they're told on the HLC and let children die.

The JW simply couldn't accept it - they are still unhappily in.

Mr Freeze, I didn't even go when there was snow but I was frozen!

mmxiv

• likeabird
    likeabird
    Hitler wanted all " JEWS " exterminated, they didn't have a choice, let alone recieve gifts and babysit children of the German solidiers

It's true, the Jews didn't have a choice. What happened was, they arrived by train into the camp, disembarked and were seperated into two groups - working age men and whoever wasn't such as women, children and older people.

Each day the soldiers/commanders received a quota of how many workers they needed and these would be selected out of the working age men group. That was the only "hope" they had. Everyone else was directed to the "showers" for "disinfection", where they put their name and address on their suitcase, got undressed... Nobody had a clue what awaited them. This is made clear (and I included a picture in the video) when you see the train tickets Jews in Greece purchased to go and "work" in Auschwitz. That's what they had been told.

One survivor recalls being put in the working age men group when he got off the train at Auschwitz. He was about 15 years old. He saw a mother in the other group with her little girl. Her 14 year old son had just been put into the mens group and she was begging the guards not to separate them. So the guards simply agreed to her request and sent the son over to the other group with his mum and sister. If only she had known what she had just done...

They were there to give the Jews false hope, when they could have worked as double agents to end this tragedy sooner.

While I totally agree with the idea 100%, for people outside the camps this was easier said than done. They were under constant surveillance and being caught meant death for you and your family.

And I don't think God would have mind

Nor do I. I even think he wouldn't have minded them shutting their JW mouths for a couple years and sitting the war out like normal people. Honestly. No person in their right mind would knowingly let people go through that.

So it sounds like even though the plight of the Bible Students was bad by virtue of being on the grounds, it sounds more like forced household servant labor and admin work, etc, thus living on a much higher level that those destined for extermination.

Maybe for a very, very few individuals. The alternative to extermination was being a prisoner. This was by no means a higher level - unless you consider working outside in the dead of winter doing hard labour for endless hours, wearing nothing better than pyjamas (I was completely bundled up and I was freezing within about twenty minutes), being underfed, at night sharing a barn-like construction with 400 other prisoners and one tiny heater - and if you were sick and too weak to get on a bunk to sleep, you would be on the dirt ground - which was that and even more. (I don't wish to go into any more details.)

That's not even sub level whatever - and the borg didn't see any problem letting their people go through that, and they still don't!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit