www.JW.org - What the...?

by punkofnice 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, it's not how I would introduce the public to the religion, even if I was still a true believer. But...since I'm not anymore, I can't say I'd be any good at that sort of thing anymore, getting back into that mindset.

--sd-7

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

sd-7 - It's a very strange website if they ARE trying to reach the public. Hence it looks as if it was really meant for JWs rather than anyone else.

Wish they had a blog!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This new site is absolutely for witnesses only. No sane person would ever just visit jw.org and not do other research online about the witnesses, which of course would certainly put an end to any interest in JWs.

It's witness propaganda for witnesses.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yes, keep in mind that the JW's worship the GB. The GB says that this is the only approved web-site. So it is for JW's and studies. They also lie in the F.A.Q section.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BOC: It's witness propaganda for witnesses.

Yeppers!

It makes them think they're smart and "on the cutting edge!"

If people turn JWs away at the door, what makes any of them think they're going to turn on their web browser and point it to jw.org?

Crazy foolishness.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

My son was chatting to me about the religion last night, he was brought up in it by me, Mea Culpa, he never got dunked though, clever kid.

He was saying what a bland, joyless, miserable religion it was, he said the songs are dirges,( he ain't heard the new ones !) the meetings are boring and unspiritual, no Christmas or Birthdays, what have they got to offer ?

Those last six words are reflected in the site, JW.org, I visited it just once when someone on here said it had been re-vamped, and I expected to see a real contrast to the old site. Yes it is a little bit more up to date than the old one, but I thought exactly the same as you Mr Punk sir, boring, pointless and seemingly more for the brain-washed JDubbie than for the Public.

Good, they won't be trapping any other poor sods with that site. All the enquiries they get for bible studies turn out to be addresses for abandoned wharehouses or whorehouses I bet.

That reminds me, must go on there and request a study for my local knocking shop.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

BoC - Yes. Agreed. JW's only....and they pro'lly think it's isn't just for them!

Data - True. I wonder if the WBT$ will add games on their site like runescape only all about ministry.

Lies Theocratic Warfare Strategy in the FAQ's? I missed that one!

00DAD - Indeed. Crazy is what crazy WBT$ does

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Maybe I'm the lone dissenting voice, but I like the new design. I'm not sure what else to expect, it's clean-looking and works well. What would you guys improve about it if you wanted to make it more appealing? You can simply point me to another URL as an answer. Don't say "adding comments".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy -

That reminds me, must go on there and request a study for my local knocking shop.
    Yeah. what's the address for Westboro' Baptist church?

Apog - I'll give you it's better looking that any previous JW outing on Satan's internet but who is it really for?

and............who gives a shit about some bird changing a bulb on the feckin' WBT$ sign?????

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

reading on Facebook this morning that they have pulled The Trinity book from the site , is this old news?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit