Georgia mom shoots home intruder five times

by Bonnie_Clyde 112 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Shouldn't your first question to yourself be 'why'? Why are we such a violent society and if we can admit we are, then why are we so apathetic about it?

ANd that, Sammie, is what I have been saying all along.

• designs
    designs

When we moved to the country 23 years ago we had a series of breakins. The neighbor up the hill was running a meth lab and whenever we left someone would jimmy a window open and steal items. The sheriff was worhtless and the alarms we put in did nothing to stop the crimes. What if I decided to use lethal force for these breakins, lay in wait. I would have shot kids, the old man, the ring leader, was sending his grandkids to do the breakins. The old man died of meth poisoning within a year and then the sheriff moved to break things up and the family moved on.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

No I don't like your scenario of re-registration. The only registration needed should be the 4473 that you fill out when buying the firearm. I feel that something can be done about current owners who suffer a severe mental breakdown but no I don't think it right to have to undergo a mental and physical screening unless...and I mean...unless everyone who drives does the same thing. Think about it, you could identify those with drug and alchohol problems before they get hehind the wheel.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

That's a bad situation you had there designs. There's no easy answer but sometimes you have to fight back. By the way how young were the grandkids?

• designs
    designs

DMV style annual or every two years renewal may catch some of the criminals and mentally impaired people seeking gun ownership, a one time only registration does not keep up with peoples evolving and current status whether criminal or health wise.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Humm. Complicated subject. I would find a study of Nordic Countries facinating. They went from rape and pillage throughout europe in the middle ages to peaceful prosperous countries. Same with the Germans and Japanese in modern times.

I understand gun control advocates position, having lived in US suburbia for many years...but I also understand the pro-gun community now that I live in rural america where one county is the size of a small european country...with only one deputy 30 minutes away..with Biker gangs and Mexican Cartel members growing pot, and cooking crank in the nearby hills.

• designs
    designs

sooner- The kids were Elementary school age 7-10. We found out after the old man died and the sheriff finally got the nerve to show up and bag the body. There were some arrests of the adults. Talk about a toxic mess in their garage, total Hazmat time. I had a Luger type pistol at the time, locked in a box and kept in my garage.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Perhaps the Nordic communities made a decision not to accept certain types of violence and that pushed them to adopt different laws and penalties, different health care systems etc.

The USA is a large country and perhaps it is not feasible to govern it from a center - perhaps it is time to rezone it so that it is easier to determine laws that work for those people in that zone. If 15 States all decide that guns must be registered or insured or some guns banned, then that zone can securitize their zone collectively on a larger perimeter than 15 individual states. If another 15 States want no laws on guns, then they can set up whatever works in their own zone. The idea of tyranny and arms came when the USA and England were at war. Then the USA had another war internally - north vs south - the civil war. The idea Alex Jones has about being armed to fight the whole US government and the global elite isn't going to happen with 350 million guns. The global military forces will simply outgun, outman and outstrip whomever they will. A better way to fight this global elite or the bankers/corporations/politicians that are destroying the world and enslaving whole societies and people, is to simply use human power. A massive resource on it's own. Iceland is a good example. The best.

Alex keeps talking about tyranny from his own government - but he has no real plan to do anything about it other than keep spouting on about his right to own 50 guns 'just in case'. Those 50 guns are nothing if the military should arrive with sound blasters, fire throwers, stun grenades, drones - all this talk about fighting tyranny means nothing when there is no plan, no case, no real intelligent way to find a solution to it other than behind a gun which in itself can be lost to force in a heartbeat. That is not playing smart. sammieswife.

• designs
    designs

The Taft HS shooter, a 16 year old student, was talked into surrendering by his teacher and possibly a supervisor. The school normally has an armed officer on campus but was snow bound and late. It sometimes turns out better than we are use to hearing in the news with more deaths and the shooter sometimes taking their own life. Two students are being treated for injuries.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Five hits from a .38.

Punctured lung. Punctured liver. Punctured stomach. Survived.

Sounds like the gal had her sidearm loaded with ball rounds. The guy’s lucky. At my house he’d have experienced hollow points.

The guy got what he deserved.

He’ll live to serve another few years behind bars learning how to be a better thug. Then he’ll do it again. I’m already feeling bad for the next victim.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit