Georgia mom shoots home intruder five times

by Bonnie_Clyde 112 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    From the TV coverage it looked like a very nice, upscale home. The man who broke in (peace be with him) appears to be a very unfortunate individual who had turned to desparate measures in order to live a decent life.
    It's too bad it has to come to this. All people have to do is be more sharing and unselfish with their material posessions.
    Being shot in the face with a .38 seems a cruel thing to do to someone who is in need.

Either that was posted totally in jest, or it was the most incredibly wrongheaded thing I have yet read on this subject.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I wouldn't say fantisizing per say but a lot of naive views about taking the life of another human being, yes.

Agreed. He gave up his right to life when he invaded someone else's home. Naive to think otherwise.

I guess the kids would just be classified as colateral damage.

They were not hit. She had good gun control.

Why do people think that pointing to a single anecdote somehow justifies a terrifyingly bad idea because sometimes it produces good results?

Probably the same reason people that want to ban cosmetic features of gun ignore a higher death toll for things they like. And it's not a single anecdote. Or an anecdote.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Agreed. He gave up his right to life when he invaded someone else's home. Naive to think otherwise.

You do realize thatis not what I meant right?

People tend to speak about killing like they do about other things, which makes me think that have NO IDEA what they are takling about.

Sure, for some people killing isn't a big deal. I pity those people.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

People tend to speak about killing like they do about other things, which makes me think that have NO IDEA what they are takling about.

Who, on this thread, is talking about killing like other things? Which other things? Making a souffle, for example? That would be hard for me and something I don't want to do (and something I have never done and never want to do).

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I was speaking in general terms and how some people talk about guns.

ON another forum one person suggest and a few agreed that, arming everyone would be good because at least the law abiding cotizens would have a better chance and it would decrese the amount of criminals and the mentally ill.

Another person said that killing someone that was tring to hurt him or his family is His right and he wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

ANother said that an armed population is crucial because WHEN governemtn comes to force their laws on Us, we can kill enough of them to make them think twice.

ANother said that killing people is just the natural order of things and that those with the most guns have a better chance for survival.

Etc..etc...ad nausum

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Etc..etc...ad nausum

People say stupid things all the time. Posting it in this thread as if someone IN this thread were the ones saying, though, is pretty disengenous, though.

I've seen some pretty horrific things happen to people. Most people that say stupid things like that (or stupid things like a pistol grips allows someone to fire without aiming) have never seen the aftermath or result of traumatic injury. It's not pretty.

• designs
    designs

EP- Did you miss the comments from some of the gun owners. I read few comments about getting an intruder to surrender, lay on the floor etc. like an officer would do as first recourse.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't really want to single out posters that wrote what seems to be something rather "cold".

Look, my point is that taking a human life is NOT something that one speaks of as if one is slapping a mosquito or giving a misceant a nice slap, know what I mean?

It is a messy, horrific ordeal that a sane person will live with for the rest of their lives, the consequence of hat action is a dead PERSON, someone that was someone's son or brother or father, someone that was alive and now is dead, someone whos blood and life was spilled by you/me, someome who will never have a chance to see his/her loved ones again or they him/her.

Yes, at times we may have no other choice, NONE whatso ever, BUT we will still live with that fact till the day we die.

Now, for some that might mean very little but I truly pity someone like that.

Others milage may vary of course.

• Glander
    Glander

james_woods - "... Either that was posted totally in jest, or it was the most incredibly wrongheaded thing I have yet read on this subject."

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Another mom, another story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33220258/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/gun-toting-soccer-mom-found-shot-dead/#.UPC_eY7EV4O

This woman was "famous" for carrying her gun with her everywhere, even to her kid's soccer game. I wonder why she couldn't defend herself?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit