"Strong hope enables us to resist apostates and their gangrenous 'empty speeches.'"

by cedars 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy -

I hope many more JW's find this or similar sites and gain their freedom too. This article may spur others on to do as I did, I do hope so.

This is my hope too. The pressure the GB put on the R&F will break some camel backs. There MUST be those that look at this propaganda and say: 'Nah! The GB are raving like crackpots. I'm off!'

...but then I am a bedwetting apostate!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sadly the majority of JW's will skim read the article and not really think about what is really covering up.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

In imitation of past "foretellers of events", I'd like to make some predictions that I feel could be enacted by the "glorious ones", "the serving priesthood on earth", the self-appointed "FDS", aka - the "Governing Body" - "soon"!!

1. Any brother who repeatedly accesses "apostate" websites and/or repeats information found on such, will face judicial action for doing so.

2. All copies of the WT CD should be destroyed and only the Watchtower Online Library be used for research. If you do not have access to the WOL, perhaps a loving brother or sister will allow you to share their internet.

3. In view of the prudent downsizing of the worldwide organization's facilities, we ask every body of elders to consider doing likewise by merging with one or even two nearby congregations, thus utilizing one Kingdom Hall more effectively for everyone's needs. Your co-operation in this will be blessed.

4. The Bible speaks of "one's surplus offsetting another's deficiency". Considering how God's earthly organisation is being financially penalised because of all those bad pedos, we ask all who can, to pledge as much of their surplus as they can to assist our worldwide preaching work.

5. To all BOE - With immediate effect, if elders become aware of a brother having committed any criminal act, the Bible counsel at Romans 13:1,2 must be adhered to, and the authorities notified immediately. Do not call the Branch Office for "advice", because no one there is "qualifed" to deal with criminal acts anymore! (OK, this one's never gonna happen!)

• finally awake
    finally awake

I'm of the papercut on the finger apostate class LOL

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sadly the majority of JW's will skim read the article and not really think about what is really covering up.

CANTLEAVE, the majority of JWs won't even see the article until the day of the WT Study. I still recall how many "wrappers" there were in people's cars every Sunday morning, as they had for the first time removed the WT from the mailing sleeve. Only a small minority will skim through it and color highlight a few words to repeat back to the conductor. Even the majority at the KH will snooze through the Study. [YAWN] It's making me tired just talking about it.

Most won't notice or won't remember what was said in paragraph 18. Paragraph 18 must be close to the concluding paragraph. Many will have already put away their WT and opened their Songbook, anxious to get the hell outta there.

Doc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They pro'lly won't notice the article on an intellectual (HAHAHAHAHA), level but it will embed into their subconscious making them hate!

• wasblind
    wasblind

, are there any bets what the next published insult will be? Flu-ridden? Anemic? Leprous? Deformed?________Cedars

Blood is equated to idolitry and fornication, things that apostates engage in

toss your old sanitary napkin and put on a fresh one

Oops, I meant personality

• moshe
    moshe

JWs are a sorry excuse for a religion.

• sd-7
    sd-7

The context of Paul's use of the term 'gangrene' was that he was talking about people who were claiming the resurrection had already happened. Doesn't the Society teach that the resurrection has already begun? Their helmet of salvation is broken from the start if they are essentially teaching the same gangrenous things that Paul was actually speaking against in that scripture.

--sd-7

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Once again the context of the scriptures was not considered.

" 17 and their word will spread like gangrene. Hy·me·nae′us and Phi·le′tus are of that number. 18 These very [men] have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some "

These men had deviated from what the scriptures teach. This deviation is what made their teachings gangrenous. Bringing attention to inconsistencies or corruption is not deviating from the truth. Of course just like the Pharisees, the WTBTS will attack any who expose their wrong actions because they hate the light of truth and prefer the operation of error. Here is scripture that the WTBTS forgot to apply to themselves.

" No man serving as a soldier involves himself in the commercial businesses of life" 2 TIM 2:4 The " powerful works " performed by the WTBTS in the Lord's " business " as they are so fond of saying, will not pass the test.

Sorry SD-7 for repeating your thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit