Just joined

by Gojira_101 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here, and to your journey in becoming the real you, it's an exciting time. Don't let others who are mind controlled upset you, your aunt thinks she is doing the right thing, even though clearly she is not.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

You.ve found the right place. We've all suffered terribly because of this cult .

Here you will find thousands who know your pain and anger . Here you will

find hundreds of current and former elders , pioneers, bethelites, even some giliad grads.

Ask any question someone will know the answers.

Make sure to take advantage of the Search function on this site for any subject. Its probably

been discussed indepth 4.4 million posts .

May you find peace

PS: Its perfectly ok to use this forum to vent

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Welcome. Stick around. Feel better. It gets easier.

Ona side point, I actually don't have any problem witht he use of Jehovah. I think there are some compelling reasons as to why it could be accurate, and at the very least "Jah" is scritural.

So make sure you really put the time into research, and you will figure out what you really think. I am still working on that.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Gojira_101, I'm sorry that you Aunt is behaving so badly to you. Have you considered contacting the police or social services about your Aunt's actions to see if they might be able to help you visit your grandmother? If you haven't already read Steve Hassan's books ( (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones to Leave Controlling People, Cults, and Organizations") or visited his website, I would do it as quickly as possible. Steve Hassan will give you ideas how to communicate better with your grandmother, so that your aunt is not able to turn your grandmother against you.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome. It is extremely sad about your aunt's reactions. But jw show their true hatred toward those who are not "strong" in the WTS. It is so hurtful how they treat former and inactive jws.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Gojira, Welcome and know that "life" will get richer and more meaningful from here on out as you feel your freedom expand!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome. I am sorry your Aunt has gone off the reservation (so to speak). I like Hortensia's suggestion. You Aunt is being somewhat of a bully right now. I find bullies don't do well when the authority card is played.

I told my Father a couple of years ago ....

"Any organization that tells you that you can't have anything to do with your family if they don't join the organization is a cult."

He didn't like it very much. But he couldn't refute it.

• jonno12225
    jonno12225

Hello and welcome. I too have just joined this motley crew (lol) of friends. We all have been through similar experiences. We are real people too, this isnt a trick. No one is after followers for themselves.... we all are seeking to lives by as many trues things as possible.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome jonno!

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Thank you all so much. I was feeling very down all day today because of this and even having thoughts of going back and everything you all said I know but the cult mind control always says "go back" I said a prayer to God before a nap asking for help and strength and I just woke up and this the first thing I did and now I feel the peace again and the thoughts of going back are gone. Why would God want us to worship him like this??? the answer is, he wouldn't! The thing about why all of this is so hurtful is my other grandmother (JW also) has never been there for me because she is always too busy in service to be there for me. And she did something so horrible to me, that my heart actually went numb towards her. I made a family and friends dinner when I went to the town where she lives and she didn't come because she picked a martini over me. So since then I haven't considered her my grandmother. My other one that is being held hostage, I told I was going to fade and she said she was fine with it and she still would love me and talk to me, and wouldn't shun me. Well now at this point I don't even really care if I ever talk to her again because it's not like she isn't able to stand up for herself or in bad health. She's still pretty young. So if she really wants to talk to me she can. The thing about my grandmother is she is very fearful of everything and fearful of leaving the JW's, she knows they are teaching lies and she knows. the funny thing is my uncle many years ago when he left the JW gave her the same info my mother gave her and she knows everything. So it's her decision. At this point I'm feeling like she betrayed me and picked the JW's over family and that she lied to me also. Again thank you all for your comments and I can't remember who said it, but there is one thing I'm going to see what other have to say and that is baptisim! I don't feel right being baptised to an organization, but I don't know where I can go to be baptised without being baptised to a religion. I have some research to do!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit