April 15, 2013 Watchtower - p. 22-26: Organization-Obsessed Much???

by sd-7 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The angels on the right side seem to be between the Governing Body and the Branch managers.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Many years ago, I worked as a corporate paralegal. My job was to create corporations for clients and maintain them through their life cycle. Yes, life cycle. As I filed Articles of Incorporation, maintained annual minutes, revised Bylaws and mission statements and, sometimes, file Articles of Dissolution (corporate death), I often felt like I was caring for actual persons who had a name, assets, family members and a mission in life. And, legally, I was.

Corporations become imbued with a life that extends beyond their immediate utilitarian purpose and take on an essence or meaning of their own. I think Kant differentiated between animals and humans by noting that humans are aware that their lives are an end in themselves and not merely a means to an end. That's exactly what eventually happens with the "personhood" of a corporate entity. It becomes larger than a mere means to an end and becomes an end in itself--it takes on a weird and creepy kind of personhood. The humans begin to serve the interests of the corporation instead of the other way around. This is exactly what has happened with the WTBS.

• man oh man
    man oh man

Medical Definition of SUPERIORITY COMPLEX

: an excessive striving for or pretense of superiority to compensate for supposed inferiority

I think they must really know that their days are numbered.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Cadellin, I also tend to view the WTS as a social organism in an environment that is now changing too rapidly and radically for it to successfully adapt to.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There are many things that Jehovah chose not to include in his written Word. For example, he did not provide details about how the brain works or how the universe functions, even though such information would have been very fascinating! Rather, Jehovah provided information that we need in order to understand his purposes and to live our lives in harmony with them. (2 Tim. 3:16, 17)

Very true. There is nothing in the written word about an organization, a governing body or shifting doctrines driven by so called new light.

Corporations become imbued with a life that extends beyond their immediate utilitarian purpose and take on an essence or meaning of their own. I think Kant differentiated between animals and humans by noting that humans are aware that their lives are an end in themselves and not merely a means to an end. That's exactly what eventually happens with the "personhood" of a corporate entity. It becomes larger than a mere means to an end and becomes an end in itself--it takes on a weird and creepy kind of personhood. The humans begin to serve the interests of the corporation instead of the other way around. This is exactly what has happened with the WTBS.

Corporations in the US get their power and personhood from the state they are chartered in. The Watchtower tells us that the earthly government is Satan's government. And yet they turn around and go to Satan's government to give life to their organization by granting them incorporation. There is no way they can logically claim to be God's organization when they derive their power from Satan. It brings to mind Revelation 13 where the dragon gives power to the beast. Of course, you are supposed to pretend you don't notice this obvious connection.

• Gayle
    Gayle

sd-7 had the 4-15-13 WT on line here Jan 8. I can't find the 5-15-13 WT up yet and now 2-14,,when is the study WT mag suppose to go online? Anyone know how their schedule goes for that? Thx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

In the minds of the Rank & File: ( This is important to understand )

Organization = GB/FDS

Annointed = GB/FDS ( All others are mythical 1st century ADULTS. How many dubs think of children in Christian families partaking? Any modern day partakers besides the GB are viewed with suspicion. These could be mentally disturbed. So really, they are no more real to JW's than Poke'mon or Unicorns.)

Anointed in Heaven = GB/FDS

Those taking the lead = GB/FDS

Now how many times are they REALLY mentioned in comparison with Christ?

• Listener
    Listener

I was wondering about that too Gayle. Maybe it aill be the article that discusses the new meaning of the FDS and they've had a little trouble with it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

KURTBETHEL,

RIGHT ON!

• Gayle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit