Fallacy of Baptism "in Holy Spirit"!

by The Searcher 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Christ's blood ATONES for our sins, dear ones

Angry vengeful god propitiated by sight of bloody violent sacrifice.

Disgusting cult.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I should think that "[c]onsulting Christ is more than enough"! Wow!

Dear Jesus,

I am designing an object based storage array. Is it better to combine and object and it's metadata into a single discrete object or to use a linkage mechanism to associate an object with it's metadata?

OK, I've consulted him, let's see what he says.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Some have been waiting on "Jesus" to respond to [their] questions for... well, millenia. I wonder how that's going...

A slave of the HOLY One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah),

SA

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

"Jesus is just fine with me."

• designs
    designs

Usually most people can only wait 80 or so years on Jesus to answer their questions then its sayonara...

• AGuest
    AGuest

I agree, dear designs (peace to you!). If I kept calling out to someone who NEVER responded, I would either stop calling out... or stop calling to that one. I'm the kinda girl that will call out, though, until I get an answer. So long as there's a breath still in me. Praise JAH, it didn't take 80 or so years. It was only about 3 weeks, actually. Given the era of instant gratification that we now live in that still might be too long. I have learned, though, that for the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... it is less than a fraction of an inhalation.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Jesus answers peoples questions all the time. This silly idea of "you have to use the exact name I do" discounts millenia of bloody history that gets you to your Jesus by another name today.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

EP:

I am designing an object based storage array. Is it better to combine an object and it's metadata into a single discrete object or to use a linkage mechanism to associate an object with it's metadata?

You made me curious. What language are you programming in? (Obviously, I'm not omniscient)

(This also serves to bump this thread for something else)

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Jesus answers peoples questions all the time.

What "Jesus"? How can someone who doesn't exist answer ANYONE? And according to YOU, Jesus doesn't exist. I agree. How then, can you take issue with ME, if I agree with YOU?

This silly idea of "you have to use the exact name I do" discounts millenia of bloody history that gets you to your Jesus by another name today.

Actually, is doesn't. I have no "Jesus"... by ANY name. Because, again, "Jesus" doesn't exist. And no one has to use the exact name that I do - many use "Yeshua," "Yehoshua", "Y'Shua." Same thing, except I add that he is the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah), so English "messiah" is good, too. I mean, if we're trying to be exact in ENGLISH, it would be "Joshua, the Christ of JAH." The following might help, although the parts about "Jesus" being the English rendering of the Greek "Iesous" and that being from the Hebrew "Jeshua" is inaccurate. But it's a start... and at least more folks seem to be looking into the matter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeshua_(name)

Notice the statement regarding the Hebrew Yod (yodh)... being a /j/, though... and not a /y/, as man think. Hence, "Yah" is incorrect.

But you don't have to take MY word ANY of it, though. You can ask "Jesus," too. If he doesn't respond, though, considering asking the One whom some call "Yeshua," "Yehoshua," or "Y'Shua"... or, if you dare... the HOLY One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah). I cannot promise as to any others, but I can promise you that the latter will answer you. Sooner or later... depending on whether you really WANT to know.

Oh, and he that I should share with you that all of that "blood" is the hands of man who put their faith in a false god, one that doesn't exist... and not on his. You know, so that you don't continue to bear false witness against HIM... your brother.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    everyone in the 1st century received the Holy Spirit when they repented and were baptized in water, just as the apostle Peter stated at Acts 2:38

This is probably the core of the fallacy. Assuming Peter actually existed at all, there's still no reason to believe that the 'baptism by holy spirit' wasn't just as arbitrary and subject to interpretation as it is now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit