Who is Babylon the Great?

by sabastious 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

i love honesty, freedom and justice.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    i love honesty, freedom and justice.

Same here - and speculation on "Babylon the Great" can do nothing to promote any one of those three important things.

• TD
    TD

Sab,

Curious why you believe Revelation is relevant in that way. Could the references to Babylon the Great be as simple as this?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It's an interesting proposition that that if you love honesty, freedom and justice then you will be abused and an underdog.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Seems like nothing but whimsical speculation to me.

• sabastious
    sabastious

TD, you make a strong point that was originally stated by fink. Rome most certainly is being described in Revelation 13, however the description goes much further than that. Rome was the ultimate work of man's hands and it was an abomination, but it actually never fully fell, it just changed colors and went underground. When Revelation 13:18 says "this calls for wisdom" that means that time, which gives knowledge of good and evil, will have to pass before the riddle of that verse will be uncovered. We had to watch in horror after Rome fell and grew back into all our lives like gangrene. The internet is the final nail. Rome WILL fall and will be replaced with peace on Earth.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So... Rome means more than Rome, freedom means persecution, wisdom means time, the internet will bring peace?

Huh. Seems simple enough.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So... Rome means more than Rome, freedom means persecution, wisdom means time, the internet will bring peace?
    Huh. Seems simple enough.

"When the solution is simple God is answering."

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh, sorry, I thought you picked on the meaning that since the interpretation means the opposite of everything the words mean, my response did also.

It makes no sense. Apologies if that was as clear as the interpretation.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Babylon the Great is a far grander entity than Babylon the Merely Adequate or Babylon the Needs Work Done.

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Body is Babylon the Great

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit