Who is Babylon the Great?

by sabastious 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Russell taught it was the Papacy.........that probably made him popular with the pope.

• blondie
    blondie

Russell taught it was the Papacy.........that probably made him popular with the pope.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Why does it even matter?

• james_woods
    james_woods

EntirelyPossible - it matters because God will KILL YOU if you do not know who Babylon the Great is.

You can fail to know who the creator of America is (Thomas Jefferson) and possibly survive, but it is death itself to not know the Great Babylon.

Irregardless of the fact that nobody knows - and it is all random speculation.

Incidentally - I have always been rather amused that "Babylon" in JW-speak is always religious, while in the ancient history of the bible it was always a national/political entity - not a religious one.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

James, I love you man, so take this in that sense.... irregardless is not a word, no matter how cool it sounds. According to the Grammaticus 4:17, those who speak with false words will not inherit the earth. I am trying to save your soul, man.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Yes, but what Russell thought and taught were two separate things. He was an occultist trickster, after all. It's an exercise in greed to interpret Revelation, or the Bible at all, with specific contemporary figures and information alone. The books describe all of humanity going back to our evolutionary ancestors. You can be sure of religious fraud if you find doctrine that pertains to specific contemporary entities. It's a trick. Lets say I called Babylon the Great Walmart. If I mind controlled my adherents to believe that every time Walmart had something bad happen to them I could say, "Babylon the Great is falling!" and get lots of oo's and ahh's and more mind control. However, the real reason would be that I was greedy and wanted Bible interpretation to be unique to me which makes a lot of money. Babylon the Great being a corrupted Mother Earth makes much more sense and I won't have to proclaim anything when she falls because everybody will notice.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
  • shamus100
    shamus100

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

• brinjen
    brinjen

I thought Babylon the Great was a monkey riding a banana tree.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I am Beelzebub!!!!! >:O. Ruler of the demons!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit