New F&DS Light question

by ItsMyLife 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

According to the WTBTS the FDS was appointed in 1919.... It can't be that the FDS is the 144,000, but not. The 144,000 can't be different from the slave and get the reward of being faithful and discreet if they are not the FDS... The whole thing is jacked up. Whatever way you slice it the WTBTS teaching cannot be correct.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome, Itsmylife. Glad you are here with us.

• prologos
    prologos

Its my life : is your question about pre-eminence in heaven?

The new light (not so bright) sets the BROOKLYN truth DODGERS up at the pinnacle of the 144 000, the only FDS ONOINTED of all times!!!--, demoting the apostles and martyrs all, well,

The scriptures have news for them:

In Rev. 21:14 it is the "--name of the twelve Apostles--" that is on the 12 wall-foundation stones. supporting 12 000 each and the 12 gates with the names of the twelve tribes of (the) ISRAEL (of God). so:--The 12 are taking on a heavy heavenly burden!!

that seems to be the only preference among the CALLED Christians that we know of. Jesus said it was not for him to make such a choice.

The irrationality of WTs claims were already well described by better posts, but wt, by giving it self such high rank and demoting others will surely see it badly backfire.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    DATA-DOG: According to the WTBTS the FDS was appointed in 1919.... It can't be that the FDS is the 144,000, but not. The 144,000 can't be different from the slave and get the reward of being faithful and discreet if they are not the FDS... The whole thing is jacked up. Whatever way you slice it the WTBTS teaching cannot be correct.

I agree with you 100%

But.... the WTS disagrees with you. According to them, the F&DS are specific members of the 144,000, ie: the GB - and these provide food for all the domestics (which include the rest of the 144,000 & the other sheep)

Previously, the F&DS was not specific members, but ALL of the 144,000.

The domestics were the members of the 144,000 that were fed spiritual food at the proper time by other members of the F&DS that were actually a part of preparing said "food"

The other sheep were not part of the domestics prior to this "new light"

• heathen
    heathen

mostly just to ear mark this one , The appointment came after rutherford proved faithful in prison because of charges of sedition encouraging people to shoot over the enemies head if drafted in WW1 . Their whole dogma is based on 1919 CE, I don't see them changing it . I did think the ajustment this time was damage control because if you read some of those article in recent times they do seem very lack luster and would seem this is about damage control again , I do remember studying with one of these , "elect'", ones a couple years ago and I did say to him he was was not the FD&S, if they are anointed is one thing since the outline in PAULS order was a system of overseers and ministerial servants it clearly says to me that they weren't all capable of leadership , they also had their gatherings in jerusalem to discuss church doctrine , which was not attenended by all . IMO , I see that there was a level playing field and those that could prophesy accurately became the pillar in the church and others that did so falsely were removed from the church or position of authority.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    like a theological VOLTRON

LOL!

Hmm. Let me go all sd-7 parody style on this thing:

"While the anointed who are not part of the 'faithful and discreet slave' are not tasked with providing 'food at the proper time' to God's people, they still remain among the ones who "keep following the Lamb wherever he goes." They have still been chosen by holy spirit to rule as kings and priests with Christ. (Rev. 14:1-4; 20:4-6) Thus, while the reward received by the 'faithful and discreet slave' and the remaining ones of the 144,000 still on earth is the same, the key difference between the two groups is that the 'faithful and discreet slave' has uniquely received authority to take the lead in Jehovah's organization and to provide spiritual instruction. Does this mean that the remaining anointed who are not part of the slave class on earth are somehow less worthy of their heavenly reward? Of course not! Jehovah's holy spirit has selected these anointed ones to rule alongside his Son. What better assurance can we have of the worthiness of the anointed than Jehovah's own holy spirit?"

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit