New F&DS Light question

by ItsMyLife 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

Hi all,

I have a question about the implications of the new light regarding the F&DS. Sorry if it sounds complicated, I'm not good at explaining things.

If the F&DS is now just the few brothers who get together to dispense the food at the proper time, and the F&DS will be appointed over all of Christ's belongings, then does that mean they will be appointed above the rest of the 144,000 when they go to heaven? Because if the rest of the 144,00 are no longer actually the F&DS, then they can't be appointed over Christ's belongings and therefore what would their positions be?

Or have I understood it incorrectly?

Any genuine explanations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :-)

• flipper
    flipper

ITSMYLIFE- Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. Well in answer to your question let me do what Jesus did in the Gospels and ask you a question in return and then you tell me what YOU think after pondering it :

Do you think it's reasonable to assume that the 7 ( or 8 I guess now ) members serving on the Governing Body today in this 21st century would be appointed OVER the Apostle Paul, John, or other 1st century Bible writers that allegedly were inspired by God to write the Holy Scriptures ? Does that SOUND reasonable to you ? I look forward to your comment. Think about it for awhile

• Think About It
    Think About It

ItsMyLife......welcome to the JWN board. Great question in your first post.

• james_woods
    james_woods

It is an excellent point of logic (and welcome to the board, IML).

What makes it especially interesting is that this new understanding is totally without any biblical basis and actually also bypasses the former literal understanding of the 144,000 number in Revelation.

• Ding
    Ding

Since the GB is making this stuff up as it goes along, I think we will have to wait for them to tell us.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Because if the rest of the 144,00 are no longer actually the F&DS, then they can't be appointed over Christ's belongings

Hmmm ... that smells of a contradiction and we all know that's not possible since Watchtower has stated that they do not do that. Contradictions are reserved for false religious groups.

Len

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Do you think it's reasonable to assume that the 7 ( or 8 I guess now ) members serving on the Governing Body today in this 21st century would be appointed OVER the Apostle Paul, John, or other 1st century Bible writers that allegedly were inspired by God to write the Holy Scriptures ? Does that SOUND reasonable to you ?

Hi Flipper

Yes, it's reasonable. The crew today is far more advanced than the old crew. Think email, Facebook, electricity, indoor plumbing, Obamacare. Need I say more?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Actually, if you think about it - this teaching makes the Revelation 144,000 (whatever that group really means) completely IRRELEVANT in current JW doctrine.

At least, that is, as far as church authority goes.

In reality, they so-called "144,000 remnant" - (the ordinary JW partakers) NEVER had any authority. Nothing would have changed doctrinally if every single one of them had in the past written in to vote against some idea from Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, or the later governing bodies.

The notion that they somehow influenced Society decision-making was always a cynical lie to make the Watchtower leaders look less dictatorial - as revealed by Ray Franz and others.

• flipper
    flipper

FAT FREEK- Uh-huh. LOL ! Really convincing on your part

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

In reality, they so-called "144,000 remnant" - (the ordinary JW partakers) NEVER had any authority. Nothing would have changed doctrinally if every single one of them had in the past written in to vote against some idea from Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, or the later governing bodies.

The notion that they somehow influenced Society decision-making was always a cynical lie to make the Watchtower leaders look less dictatorial - as revealed by Ray Franz and others.

This was the big fat lie we were all led to believe. I remember an elder telling me when I was studying, that the GB would contact these so called anointed ones and ask opinions on various topics. That by they combined contact, we would get what's written in the WT's.

What a load of caca that turned out to be. And of course, the lie was allowed to continue, until the lie got a mind of it's own. They were increasing. So now they had to outwardly kick them to the curb and character assaisnate them. You wonder if any of the "anointed" passed on making a decent living, or education because "their treasure is in the heavens".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit