New F&DS Light question

by ItsMyLife 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

Flipper: Thanks for the welcome. I absolutely do not think it's reasonable that these men would be appointed over those specifically chosen by Christ in person/inpsired by God directly. I actually don't think they have been appointed at all, but that's another point altogether! I was just wondering if anyone was able to explain what the position would be if this new light were in fact accurate. It also begs the question of who exactly would be appointed over all of Christ's belongings, because they have just added a new member to the GB and F&DS haven't they? Would it just apply to those who are members of the F&DS from 2012 onwards? Or to all those who are and have ever been 'annointed' and have been involved in writing the literature? I have sooo many questions, sorry!! It just doesn't make sense to me.

Think About It: Thank you. I expect I may be on here quite regularly in the future - such a great site but I've never dared to look at it before.

james_woods: Thank you. I haven't delved very deeply into the scriptures surrounding the verses this understanding is supposedly taken from. I've got a lot of reading to do. But from the small amount of reading I have done, I can't see how they have come to this conclusion. Does this mean that the rest of the 144,000, previously declared to be the F&DS, will no longer be appointed over Christ's belongings? Which would lead me to conclude that they won't be serving as kings & priests after all. Or am I being dumb?

Ding: You make a good point. Unfortunately, they seem to take an awful long time to explain anything fully, if indeed they do it at all. I don't want to waste more of my life than I already have!

FatFreek: That's what I thought!

My initial reaction to this 'new light' was - 'Well, now they can really control what is said in the literature and what the JWs do, without having to answer to anybody, as they have decided they are the only ones who are directed by HS.' Or words to that effect

• Splash
    Splash

What the Bible says:

Mt 24:45-47 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings."

So the Bible says it is the FDS who are appointed over all Jesus belongings.

What the Soc says (taken from their official announcement). Italics theirs:

"Consequently, Jesus will reward “the faithful and discreet slave” by resurrecting the individual members of that group to heavenly life and by giving them royal authority over all Christ’s belongings in heaven and on earth. This is the same reward promised to all faithful anointed Christians."

So the Soc says it's the FDS (who have now only ever existed since 1919) plus all the other anointed who are appointed over all Jesus belongings.

Splash

• flipper
    flipper

ITSMYLIFE- You are welcome for the welcome ! Nice to have you here. From your comments I am able to determine that you definitely have doubts and it helps me to see from what vantage point you are coming from. Don't get too exasperated over the WT Society information not making any sense. Remember : These are the guys who brought you the " Overlapping multiple generations " as meaning the ONE generation that Jesus spoke of. These are the guys who stated it's O.K. now for JW's to accept " blood fractions " even though blood is still in the fractions, yet the Governing Body is splitting hairs over WHAT instruction came from God in the bible ?

The point I'm making is if you look at a lot of the WT Society ever changing views- you'll find that the wT leaders cHANGE those views into the alleged " new light " in order to accomplish their agenda which involves keeping the END game going to financially support the WT Society goals - not necessarily the goals of a loving creator God or Jehovah. So this may be something you might want to ponder as well. Hang in there my friend, we are here for you

• pontoon
    pontoon

AND, what is the status of the GB in relation to the already ruling ressurected 144,000 kings and priests? Have they decided that? The more JW doctrine becomes confused and complicated the more convinced I become it's not the truth. It all comes down to the GB trying to make bible doctrine fit Watchtower wrong chronology and wrong understanding while at the same time Wat legal is trying to steer the corporation around and away from legal potholes. The result of that is their new light.

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

Splash, thank you for that explanation/clarification. My next question is then, why did Jesus specify the F&DS as being the ones appointed, and not also mention the rest of the annointed ones? My reading of the scripture is that only they would be appointed over all His belongings. Which of course could be completely wrong, seeing as I'm neither super-smart nor directed by Holy Spirit :-)

And, I've just thought - wasn't that the original teaching anyway, that all of the144,000 would be appointed over all His belongings? So how is the F&DS different? Other than writing the literature I mean. Mt 24: 45-47 makes it quite clear that this final appointment would be something special, a reward for the slave handing out the food at the proper time. So if the rest of the annointed are also going to be given this appointment, then the slave isn't actually anything special in comparison.

Is this circular thinking on my part?

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

I have to disappear for a bit, but will be back later to read & respond - thanks all so far, you've made me think even more!

Flipper - I've read quite a few of your posts and I have to say I like the way you think.

I may have to ask for a lot of help from people on here, I hope you all don't mind :-)

• pontoon
    pontoon

Very difficult to make sense out of something that doesn't make sense, isn't it?

• flipper
    flipper

ITSMYLIFE- Well thanks for the kind words. I like the way you think as well ! It's really good you are asking questions and thinking with your authentic mind aside from the patented WT answers. Good for you ! You are to be commended ! We will be here for you if ever you'd like to talk or reason on things. Hey, we don't have all the answers, but you know what - at least we'll be honest enough to admit it or we will give you what we DO know from research and experience ! Hang in there friend, you'll do fine

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Is this circular thinking on my part?

No, it is quite clear and linear logic. It illustrates that the GB simply did not think this idea through before they published it.

It is obvious to me that they wanted to set themselves ABOVE the ordinary annointed (because of the increase in partakers, among other reasons) and simply did not think the thing through before they proclaimed themselves to be the F&DS in voilation of previous doctrine.

• pixel
    pixel

As Splash said, this is taken from their website:

What Are Jesus’ “Belongings”?

Jesus said: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.” (Matthew 28:18) Jesus’ “belongings” thus include more than just his earthly interests. They include the Messianic Kingdom.—Philippians 2:9-11.

Consequently, Jesus will reward “the faithful and discreet slave” by resurrecting the individual members of that group to heavenly life and by giving them royal authority over all Christ’s belongings in heaven and on earth. This is the same reward promised to all faithful anointed Christians.—Luke 22:28-30; Revelation 20:6.

You can see:

1. Are they implying that the current GB 2.0 have to die to get resurrected and they their belongings? or are they talking about Rutheford and Co., or? or? or? (How convoluted this is)

2. Even as they say, all will have Christ's belongings, the doctrine in question is just talking about the Slave, NOT others.

Another thing, the Slave receives all the belonging because he gave food at the proper time. What food did the others gave?

The GB appoints Christ's belongings whoever they want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit