The truth about the Truth--Recovery

by UnapologeticLWT 41 Replies latest members private

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I don't mind alternate viewpoints, but you seem to have a unique ability to cause controversy and problems. You created multiple identities, that were in clear violation of the forum rules, then you are upset when those rules are enforced. I don't know why the rules should be changed for you, what is the point of having rules if they are not enforced? I also don't understand why you absolutely have to post on this particular forum to decide if you want to be a Jehovah's Witness or not, by now you should have enough information to either confirm your doubts or put them to rest, so why do you want to keep arguing and arguing? It seems more like you just enjoy the controversy and the attention you get. And no one is stopping you from reading the public parts of the forum, why don't you just do that for a while? There are some really knowledgeable posters here, you would do better to just read those posts and learn from them. I just don't think this forum is the right place for you to be right now, why can you not just accept that?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Well, I'm gonna miss that little yam!

• sd-7
    sd-7

I'm not sure what to say, really. The first thing is, your behavior was unacceptable in that you did engage in frequent personal insults on others, apart from apparently breaking the rules enough to be banned multiple times. Considering some of the threads on here, I would think that'd be pretty hard to do. So you are facing the consequences of your own actions. For that, offering you forgiveness would serve no purpose, as it is irrelevant to the matter at hand, at least as far as posting on this site.

But, I don't think you ever really traded much dialogue with me personally, so I can only be so offended anyhow. Whatever the case, I think your problems are larger than merely that of your faith or JW beliefs. The choices you've made just on this board indicate there's a larger emotional thing going on here, even though I can't precisely identify what. I would recommend some counseling/therapy and to journey inward for those answers that can only be found within.

--sd-7

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Recovery has been disfellowshiped from the site 5 times, so far?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh good lord (for want of a better exclamation), not even close.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

? Question; How does the Secretary mark your publishers record card when you have been disfellowshipped by apostates? 5xs ?

Also, how does one get re-instated......?

Does one log-in quietly 3xs per week and quietly sit in the back for a year?

What are the "works" befitting repentance?

How are "priveledges" gradually restored? And what are they?

How does one become an "Exemplary" Appostate?

Inquiring minds need to know.

• l p
    l p

multiple personality disorder springs to mind

lp

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I can't really comment fairly on all the posts and controversy of our multiple-disordered friend (by his/her "name of the week") because I by-passed his threads. Is it really fair to BLAME such disruption and problems on "Recovery" when it is so true that "it takes two to tango". For everyone who got their "panties in a twist", why didn't you just "move on" and ignore him?

When I see a post by eggnog or Lars I don't even "click" it. Just because someone forgot their meds isn't enough reason for me to wade thru their crap.

So, IMHO, kinda hard to put all the blame on Recovery. He/she might have stirred the shit, but that never works unless there are others who like to jump in an wallow in it with them.

And while this is not a democracy, a benevolent dictatorship is better than totalitarianism.

Doc

• jgnat
    jgnat

Just thought I'd point out that neither a benevolent dictatorship or a totalitarian regime is democratic. I'd say this board leans to the benevolent end of the scale. I don't want Legion in any of his iterations bothering me (as a moderator) on this board.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Lars doesn't follow people around on the board to harass them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit