The truth about the Truth--Recovery

by UnapologeticLWT 41 Replies latest members private

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I think one also has to bear in mind the effect such behaviour has on all the other forum users. I am sure this is also in the mind of Simon and the other mods. No matter how much one feels justified in taking a particular approach, or how painful one's situation is, there are others to consider.

I would say this forum is pretty lightly moderated tbh and it isn't easy to get kicked off.

• MsD
    MsD

WOW, talk about obsession! That is beyond what I've ever seen on any forum!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Recovery,

Feel free to email me anytime: londo111 "at" yahoo.com

I know how painful it is to learn TTATT and if there is any way I can help out, let me know.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Recovery et. al.,

It will do your soul good to choose absolute honesty/integrity in all your dealings. It will also please God. Choose to abhor pretence and God will lead you to truth. You cannot receive grace; you cannot see the love of the Father, without integrity, being honest with your God and self. You do not need this forum or anyone on it. You need Jesus Christ and His peace and His forgiveness and His righteousness and His acceptance. Finding out the WT is wrong will not deliver you. Finding God in your confusion, doubt and lostness, will. Jesus, the Truth, will set you free. It's His promise. Turn to Him for rest.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Well.. we call you Legion now in case you didn't know..

I think it's shame you got banned, I quite liked seeing you around and when one of your personas disappeared it was interesting to try and spot your next one. I have to say you were never very good at pretending to be someone else. You can be extremely frustrating but you got a lot of us to get our thinking caps on.

I would agree with Data Dog.. go away for a bit and read your bible... on it's own and read different translations. My elder hubby tells me that e-sword (an online bible research site you can download from) was recommended at the elder school he went to last time.

Also think about the 'generation that will not pass away'. Give a lot of thought to what that means and then think about the new 'overlapping generation'. Why did they have to do that? It's what woke me up and got me asking questions.

Why don't you just 'Face the Fact' you have some major doubts and work through them and recognise the real truth of it all, instead of trying to bury it all. It'll be hard but you'll find freedom.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Why stop at the Bible? Why not use this opportunity to consider why one has any religious beliefs at all? Once the initial reluctance to question has been overcome, as in this case, why squander the opportunity of a lifetime? It's a big world out there and there is much more to it than the bible.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Recovery,

You could 1) create another account (come on, you know you want to), then 2) immediately browse to this thread, and 3) say "I'm sorry for the shenanigans". Use words like "sorry", "apologize", and "shenanigans". 4) Apologize for not thinking of apologizing. And finally 5) prove it by attaching an apology to a high-def led 90 inch flat screen and send it to Simon.

MMM

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Just my 2 cents.

I think he should be allowed to stay under the condition he is honest and forthright from now on. I think the humility of an admission post should be rewarded. That being said, its true this is not a Democracy, and Simon has final say. because he has created this environment, we all respect that.

Maybe I feel that way too, because I have alot in common with this guy. Started vehemently defending JW's in order to "prove" my truth to me. Even though the simple actof being on apologetic sites is already a break with the religion, it was my first step. People didn't always like me, and I was not 100% honest. In the end however, here I am. Hopefully a posative member of the community. Although I still am maybe defensive of "some things" regarding the religion of my youth, I also try to communicate and cooperate in a meaningful way.

The purpose of the board is to WELCOME dissent. This is the way he dissented. Now he is on a humble path of acknowledgement.

Like I said. Reminds me of me. I am still "in" as well. So just my thoughts. I defer to the group. But I don't like disfellowshipping....even from this place.

Ethos....my e mail to PM me on is jeffmunson1 "at" gmail.com

It is not my real name. Hit me up. We have alot in common and if nothing else, we can talk a bit.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Also.....if we let him stay, we can make fun of him about it for many years to come. Think of the comedy.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I think this is a 'teachable moment' on the subject of boundries. Everyone and everything has limits and boundries, but for some reason JW teaching educates their R&F to ignore and disreguard most social boundries. I am positive what Recovery did on this board is is nothing new to him, and I bet he has been kicked off other sites too, but for Simon to continue to allow Recovery to run wild without reguard for anyone else is not teaching him the most vital message he must learn if he is to get along with others outside the JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit