The truth about the Truth--Recovery

by UnapologeticLWT 41 Replies latest members private

• UnapologeticLWT
    UnapologeticLWT

Below, I will present a history of the notoriously known 'Recovery'. I am sure I will be banned not too shortly after posting this, but I will be satisfied knowing that I spoke the 'truth' about 'the truth' (my truth). I am putting all my cards on the table and being completely honest. Even if you dislike me, I hope that after reading this, you can understand me.

Approximately a year ago:

I signed up as a 'nananana'. This was obviously for trolling purposes. But why would anyone waste their time stirring up trouble here? Was it not because a person is feeble-minded and has nothing better to do? In my case, quite the opposite. I was still very much indoctrinated at this point, and found the thought of anyone, especially former elders and pioneers, leaving the organization to be so absurd, that it had to be some sort of joke. I just could not the fathom the rationality of leaving the organization and becoming an agnostic, an atheist, or anything of the sort. So I started several threads (out of childish cognitive dissonance) with the sole purpose of trying to 'awaken' people by hyperbole. You can see the threads I started below:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/50646/started/1

Approximately four months ago:

I signed up as 'Recovery', a name that I was proud of. During the ensuing months I had stumbled upon various 'apostate' websites, forums, and essays, and found my knowledge of 'the truth' and how to defend 'the truth' to be extremely defficient and this devastated me. My only recourse was to seek advice from a well-known JW apologist: thirdwitness; His advice simply put, was to take all my doubts head on, by discussing them openly on forums such as this. My efforts were sincere, but they also scared me, because this could completely change my life. Everything I knew to be truth all my life, could be taken from me and I'd have NO choice but to deal to deal with it. To mask my childish fears, I flaunted a persona of arrogance, sarcasm, so that I could appear confident while inside I was merely nothing but a scared little boy. I started several discussions, many of which revolved around jwfacts. Why, might you ask? His, was likely the FIRST website I had come across dealing with JW issues. I was angry, I was sad, I was crushed that I had no answer for many of his arguments. I felt as if he had taken my faith away from me! As if he had destroyed my peace of mind and my happiness in knowing I had 'the truth'. So I determined that I would make him 'pay'...by proving him wrong. This culminated in me posting a copy of a private message he sent me and thus I was banned. I wasCRUSHED. My only opportunity to face my fears was taken from me over something so trivial, something I would have NEVER done had I known it's implications.

Approximately two months ago:

At this point I was determined that I could not give up so easily, so I made another account under the name of OlinMoyle41. Under this pseudonym, I pleaded to Simon and the members of JWN to give me another chance. You can see that thread here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/239750/1/My-PLEA-to-the-Members-Admins-of-JWN-Important

I was allowed to come back. I was elated! Shortly after I started a thread petitioning the mods to check their PM's (if they could restore my old account Recovery). After many days, I received no response. The name 'Recovery' meant a lot to me (I work in a rehab center and saw myself as a in a destitute spiritual state). So I made another account under the name StillRecovery. However, for violating the "multiple accounts" rule (?) they were both banned and deleted. Again, my opportunity slips right up from under my feet.

Approximately a month ago:

Feeling cheated, and almost defeated, I decided to give it another shot. I signed up another name Ethos, which I had learned in my composition classes to signify a writer's character, his credibility, his 'logic'. Though my efforts had backfired, I still wanted to take my fears head on and participate in discussions. Soon though, after making a thread letting Simon know I sent him a PM, my posting was restricted and I was no longer able to post 'until my oldest post expires ~11 years ago.' I waited weeks, hoping for a response from the mods, asking why, what did I do wrong, but no response. I was, quite frankly, on the verge of giving up. I told myself I was try once more....

Approximately two weeks ago:

I signed up as 'FaceTheFacts' (though I wouldn't admit to previous membership because I was sure I would be banned). I spent many hours researching and actually reading substantial books...like the Gentile Times Reconsidered. I researched every statement, researched a great deal about Hebrew and Greek, the LXX, and so forth. I composed arguments I was proud of; they weren't superficial; they weren't mean-spirited; or immature childish lashings at an author, but my own conclusions I arrived at and wanted to discuss. Shortly, though, I was again banned. And here I am....stuck in a vortex of confusion and stagnation, hopelessly wishing to resolve my own doubts by discussing them openly, but unable to do so. I can't discuss it with my family, friends, or anyone else. I can only do it here. And even here, I managed to screw my only opportunity up. What am I to do? I am stuck in a forcibly active JW lifestyle, I'm not even sure I believe! I work part-time, go to college full-time, and am so constantly busy I have no downtime to face these real issues. This was my only outlet. And it was taken from me for....posting a private message?

• UnapologeticLWT
    UnapologeticLWT

Here is my final message to Simon: I realize my multiple accounts have been a nuisance and perhaps a burden on your shoulders to contend with time and time again. But I hope it's become somewhat noteworthy that I'm not here just to start trouble. I've honestly tried to face my doubts, discuss them, research and come to a conclusion, but everytime I try, I've been banned and removed. Have I violated the rules by making more than one account? Yes. But can you not see my reasons why? Everytime I get marginally close to digging deep into my doubts, I am removed and unable to do so. Is this really an action worthy of permanent banishment? Is it not obvious I'm not here simply to stir up trouble to but to engage in discussions from a JW perspective? Had I not been unanswered by the mods and left with no other recourse?

Look at the response these threads received: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/238004/1/Jwfacts-Why-Do-You-Equate-Miracles-With-Magic (20 pages)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/239397/1/Jwfacts-More-Lies-But-This-Time-About-The-Great-Crowd (14 pages)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/242271/1/Analysis-of-anti-607-BCE-Rebuttals (26 pages)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/243993/1/The-Gentile-Times-Reconsidered-607-B-C-E-Part-A1-Jeremiah-25-10-12-Reviewed (10 pages)

I think it's obvious people want to discuss these issues, and I'm sorting through my own doubts and want to discuss these issues and this is the most realistic way for me. You all have been where I am, stuck in a state of cognitive dissonance and constant confusion and unable to satisfactorily come to a conclusion about what to do?

So do you think that I should permanently be banished from this site and unable to discuss these issues? If you answer Yes...I will never return or make another account again.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Loz x

• cedars
    cedars

If you answer Yes...I will never return or make another account again.

History shows this to be a very hollow promise.

Cedars

• UnapologeticLWT
    UnapologeticLWT

Correct jameswoods...but if this attempt is denied I am giving up altogether. It will be fruitless to start anymore discussions just to be banned again and again.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Wow...I had only suspected the nanana/Recovery/Ethos/FacetheFacts connection. But this is an interesting admission! Many times I went back and looked at the hash images and they were different. So I didn't know 100% that this was the same guy. But it all makes sense.

Hey, at least you admitted to it. Kudos for that.

I'm sure Simon will have plenty to say to you, but here is my take. I knew what you were doing. I knew that you were having doubts and in order to "prove" the WT to yourself, you attempted to argue in defense of them to see what evidence you would be given.

We have had MANY JW apologists on the site in the short time that I've been on this site. And they don't all get banned. What made you different was your reaction to people and the tendency to make things personal, and also to make accusations towards the mods and Simon. You can't do that. I know where you were coming from, I do. And you were getting more frustrated as you saw that relief from your cognitive dissonance did not happen.

I wish I could give you an answer. I can only give you my answer. It is this: Learn about Christianity outside of the WT perspective. Read your Bible without the WT for a while. Pick out a translation that is not the NWT, and make your way through the gospel. Especially John, Romans, and Galatians. Pray. Take a "vacation" from the Watchtower, and focus on just you and God. Make it a specified amount of time. Say 1 or 2 months.

John 17:3 is mistranslated by the NWT. And it's just a slight mistranslation, but is very important. The NWT says that everlasting life means taking in knowledge of God. Most other translation say that everlasting life is KNOWING God. It's a very important difference. I could take in knowledge of the president (what he weighs, favorite activities, his beliefs, etc.) But even with all that knowledge, I could not say that I know him.

Take 1 or 2 months just to know God. Take some time off from arguing WT doctrine. Search for what God is teaching you from His Word. Not the words of the WT. Know HIM. And pray your heart out. He will be there for you. If you still want to argue in favor of the WT after that time, fine. ExJWs will still be there. Everywhere... But at least then you will have something real behind you.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I vote to let him back. Maybe I'm just a softy. But that was a reasonable account of why he did what he did. And what his reason for being here is. Hey, it's a lot more honest that alot of people. At least he knows WHY he is here...

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see you've failed to mention your frequent requests to have your posting limit increased. From my point of view, you are a hair-breadth's away from being a stalker. Of this site.

Simon can unlock this if he likes. I prefer not to see endless discussions about moderator decisions.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Dear Recovery, Ethos, etc., etc.,

I totally understand your plight, now that you have explained it all.

You cannot be nasty to people. That was the issue. I hope you have grown up and can play with grownups now. Can you say that you will not be abusive to people and can be respectful? This is very important.

If you are banned, yet again, you can still come here and read. There are also exJW meetups possibly in your area.

Whatever happens, keep with your studying and make the truth about the truth you own.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Re-opened to add, you forgot Macho. If ID's were tatts, you would have one interesting bod.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit